Venezuela: 3m homes in 3 years, says Maduro
VENEZUELA will invest $95 billion (£77bn) in housing construction as part of its plans to deliver three million new homes over the next three years, President Nicolas Maduro has announced.
Mr Maduro told the UN’s Habitat III housing summit in Quito, Ecuador, that his country had already built 1.6 million of the homes and granted them to families at heavily subsidised prices — or even in some cases for free.
A massive house renovation and urban rehabilitation project is linked to the country’s “great housing mission” and is expected to provide a further six million decent homes.
The... read more
- 11:39 VIDEO: The calm before Storm Doris
- 11:39 Frustrations increasing over travellers in Warwick
- 11:39 National Express raises free cash flow outlook on international demand
- 11:39 Eight dead and 20 injured after bombing in Pakistan shopping centre
- 11:39 Spanish club offers women free entry, drink & £85 if they go...
- 11:38 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 11:38 Time extension for Pavilion Gardens marquee
- 11:38 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:38 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Health Column: Time to protest as Government is turning blind eye...
- 11:37 Router hacker suspect arrested at Luton Airport
- 11:37 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:37 Love a man in uniform? Not if you live in Burnley
- 11:37 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Burnley has been "misled and let down" by the Government
- 11:37 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:37 HS2 high-speed rail project passes final hurdle
- 11:37 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:36 Brits are ditching their polite reputation to become excellent...
- 11:35 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 11:36 EXCLUSIVE: Ronda Rousey has nothing to be ashamed of - Bellator...
- 11:35 If you’re having a crap morning, just look at these polar bear babies
- 11:35 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 11:35 Wheelchair challenge to transform 20 lives
- 11:35 Bloomers come back bigger and better
- 11:35 Did you see Mickleover crash which left girl with broken left?
- 11:34 TAS plan follow-up to "amazing" Kenyan school visit
- 11:34 BAE Systems expects earnings boost from U.S. defence spending
- 11:34 UK shop sales rise but retailers worry about inflation - CBI
- 11:34 Skeleton of eight foot ‘serpent’ washes up in Cornwall