'Utterly bizarre' or 'finest festival opening act of all time'? Seas of Mirth set for Leicester gig
I'm writing this on International Talk Like A Pirate Day; a fitting coincidence given the nature of the band I'm meeting. I say band, I mean nine-strong nautical motley crew of musical, shanty-singing sea dogs, described as everything from "utterly bizarre" to "surely the finest festival opening act of all time". Also: "Okay", by the Mayor of Matlock. They're proud of that one.
Seas Of Mirth co-founder Paul Lynch might have grown up in landlocked Leicester, but no matter; alter-ego Cannonball Paul is a swashbuckling corsair who has lived his life at the helm –... read more
- 10:52 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:52 We fully deserved a point, says Town boss Adams
- 10:52 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:51 'The days of someone handing over £250k are long gone': How do you...
- 10:51 The shares to watch in 2017: From an unloved clothing giant, to a...
- 10:51 Police get extension in Gomersal murder investigation
- 10:51 Couple caught having sex in Burger King toilets
- 10:51 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:51 Newspaper trolls Donald Trump with brilliant TV listing
- 10:51 Shooting takes place outside primary school as children are...
- 10:51 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:51 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:50 What do your colour choices say about YOUR personality? Clever test...
- 10:50 UFO hunter demands a 'scientific inquiry' into police footage of a...
- 10:50 Drink-driver crashed into car with baby
- 10:50 Police investigate shooting near Glasgow primary school
- 10:49 Pets suffer ‘Blue Monday’ today too ... or do they?
- 10:50 Leeds trolleybus inquiry hears of “lessons learned” and how past...
- 10:49 Burglars smash into Sheffield community building and steal charity...
- 10:49 West Brom and Liverpool call on Fifa to help fight Cameroon battle
- 10:49 Go-getting South Yorkshire grandad hands over £30,000 to special...
- 10:49 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: Latest on Middlesbrough striker's...
- 10:49 Independent Sheffield girls school rated 'inadequate' by inspectors
- 10:49 Championship gossip: Former Wolves and Aston Villa striker Robbie...
- 10:49 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:49 Seven ways to cut your tax bill and save you hundreds of pounds
- 10:49 Manchester clubs were supposed to do battle for the Premier League...
- 10:49 Birmingham City trial Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr
- 10:49 Tunisia massacre: Inquest into Sousse beach tragedy to start today
- 10:49 A self-supporting city street