Usain Bolt reveals why he supports Man Utd… but it could've been Newcastle or Sunderland
The Dutchman bagged an impressive 150 goals in 219 games for United between 2001 and 2006.
And Bolt admits that it was only because the striker was a Red Devils player that he supported the Premier League heavyweights.
“The funny part about it is that it could’ve been any team”
Usain Bolt When quizzed about his United allegiance, Bolt told Yahoo Sports: “[Ruud] van Nistelrooy played for them.
“I was like, ‘I like this guy. He’s cool. He’s very good.’ And I just started supporting him.”
But the Jamaican conceded that he could have ended up following another team if Van Nistelrooy was playing... read more
- 06:19 Friction between Man Utd ace Paul Pogba and Jose Mourinho is normal...
- 06:16 Conor McGregor talks up Nate Diaz trilogy fight before KO’ing Floyd...
- 06:16 Man Utd news: Paul Pogba needs to be more like Man City star Kevin...
- 06:16 Fantasy Premier League tips: In-form Fantasy Football players ahead...
- 06:16 Harry Kane: Tottenham ‘turn down’ £177m Real Madrid bid
- 06:16 Liverpool news: Mohamed Salah reveals secret to incredible form
- 06:16 River Island hires child models with disabilities for their...
- 06:15 Islamic State 'Beatles': US and UK talk about fate of duo
- 06:13 Banks must lead banishing of anti-business sentiments
- 06:13 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:13 Theresa May refuses calls to give transport bosses in North same...
- 06:11 Don’t miss out on chance to have your say on keeping Hartlepool safe
- 06:11 Motorist caught by police while under the influence of drugs
- 06:11 Retirement age for police power station workers to be reviewed
- 06:11 MP calls for services to be brought back to Hartlepool’s hospital
- 06:11 People from Hartlepool in court for charges including theft and...
- 06:11 Hartlepool has one of the highest rates in the North East for...
- 06:09 Karate kids kick off season in style
- 06:09 Playwright aims to tell story of pioneering female footballer
- 06:09 Disabled man’s seat sparks safety row at South Shields flats
- 06:09 South Tyneside has region’s lowest rate of secondary school exclusions
- 06:09 New figures show big increase in cyber sex offences against children
- 06:07 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman praises ‘brilliant’ night at...
- 06:06 Roving night shelter set to launch in Wellingborough soon
- 06:06 Rushden chicken farm plans recommended for refusal
- 06:06 Kettering choir’s fundraising efforts help air ambulance
- 06:06 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:06 Kettering street ‘riddled’ with flies after waste dumped
- 06:05 Roddy Smith: Bidding to be best – how businesses improve the city...
- 06:05 Ilona Amos: Every time you do the laundry you damage the environment