US STOCKS-Wall Street rallies as Deutsche Bank rebounds
* Deutsche Bank nears $5.4 bln settlement with DOJ - AFP
* U.S-listed Deutsche Bank stock set for best day since 2011
* Banks bolster S&P, Goldman drives Dow
* Indexes up: Dow 1.02 pct, S&P 0.91 pct, Nasdaq 0.94 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Sept 30 Wall Street rallied on Friday as a bounce in Deutsche Bank shares powered financial stocks.
Deutsche Bank's U.S.-listed shares surged as much as 15.2 percent after French news agency AFP reported that the bank was nearing an agreement with U.S. officials to pay $5.4 billion to settle charges related to... read more
- 13:22 North Wales student caught up in Calais Jungle camp tear gas attack
- 13:22 Five-year-old is hospital’s youngest fundraiser
- 13:22 Walloons hold up key EU pact with Canada
- 13:22 Gunfire, protests erupt in Central African Republic capital
- 13:22 Former Wasps star Edd Shervington puts chicken farm and singing...
- 13:21 World health leaders urge junk food ads ban on TV shows appealing...
- 13:21 Group’s probe into dentist offerings
- 13:20 Want to work here? New jobs available at Bradgate Park - here's how...
- 13:20 Sunderland star left red-faced after shocking social media blunder:...
- 13:20 Newcastle Falcons prop Taione Vea forced to retire following spinal...
- 13:18 Nottingham Comic Convention 2016: All you need to know
- 13:18 East Midlands Airport runway closed due to 'emergency work'
- 13:17 Why Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers CAN to play two up front like he...
- 13:16 Top award for Sheffield worker who cared for dying patient
- 13:16 Expected Man Utd XI: Zlatan dropped? Mourinho to shake up 4-2-3-1...
- 13:16 Man United passed up the chance to sign this Premier League legend
- 13:15 Gundogan targets how Man City can beat Manchester United in the EFL...
- 13:14 Sick kittens ‘left to die’ in Tutbury skip
- 13:14 Man in court on murder charge after headless body found in lay-by
- 13:14 Tennis-mad Barton pensioner, 75, beats opposition in league debut
- 13:14 World health leaders urge junk food ads ban on TV shows appealing...
- 13:13 Dunkirk veteran raises almost £2k by playing his pipes
- 13:12 The Black Sea's 'dead zone': Explorers accidentally find a...
- 13:12 Your brain on cannabis: 3D image provides the clearest picture yet...
- 13:12 Only a week left for Melton parents to apply for secondary school...
- 13:12 Pacific islanders may carry the DNA of an unknown human species:...
- 13:12 Melton and District Flower Club triumph with their winter...
- 13:11 Oswestry Co-op store robbed at knifepoint
- 13:11 Inspirational Sheffield headteacher retires after 32 years
- 13:11 Top award for Sheffield worker who cared for dying patient