US STOCKS-Wall St see-saws as investors assess rate-hike chances
* Fed President Jeffrey Lacker strikes hawkish note on rates
* Rate-sensitive sectors of S&P 500 drop the most
* Apple top influence on all three indexes
* Dow down 0.15 pct, S&P down 0.16 pct, Nasdaq up 0.05 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 4 U.S. stocks see-sawed on Tuesday as investors assessed the prospects of an interest rate hike in the coming months.
The markets lost some momentum after the International Monetary Fund (IMF) lowered its growth forecast for the U.S. economy to 1.6 percent from 2.2 percent this year and painted a gloomy picture of... read more
- 06:24 Clean-air campaigners call for ban on school run to cut pollution
- 06:22 Ban school drop off cars to safeguard pupils’ health, call
- 06:22 Ban school drop-off cars to improve pupil health, says charity
- 06:22 Aberdeen worst Scots airport for delays
- 06:22 Awards shine light on the Scottish stars of life sciences
- 06:22 37,000 mountain hares killed in one year on estates
- 06:22 Lesley Riddoch: End of the peer show for the House of Lords? Not yet
- 06:22 Barry Gardiner in the tall grass over Labour’s Brexit splits
- 06:22 Hampden & Co unveils key hire and new office
- 06:22 Further growth is name of the game for Dundee studio Outplay
- 06:21 Irish strike for Al
- 06:20 Women eye three-game State of Origin series
- 06:19 Clean-air campaigners call for ban on school run to cut pollution
- 06:19 Russian 'dirty money' is damaging UK security, MPs say
- 06:19 Michael Gove and Ruth Davidson team up to back new Tory thinktank
- 06:19 Brexit blamed for dramatic fall in UK business registrations
- 06:19 Power station Drax aims to place UK at front of green energy race
- 06:19 Government must reform UK immigration system, says report from...
- 06:18 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho branded CRAZY by Paul Pogba...
- 06:15 Cheshire Police advises residents how to protect high tech homes...
- 06:14 China agrees to buy more US imports
- 06:14 Cannabis oil could hold key to smokers kicking the bad habit
- 06:13 People who don’t use their car’s indicators drive me crazy
- 06:13 From Twin Peaks to Bon Temps: TV’s American small-towns ranked from...
- 06:13 Breaking Bad to the Paradise Papers: all you need to know about...
- 06:08 Hartlepool mum ‘dumbfounded’ after severely disabled daughter is...
- 06:07 Germany to roll out mass holding centres for asylum seekers
- 06:07 Motability needs a new road map for managing finances, MPs say
- 06:04 Kirsty Gunn: Scary how artists are near-sanctified by devoted pilgrims
- 06:04 Harry’s thanks for ‘stunning’ bride as details of all-night royal...