US STOCKS-Wall St dragged lower by Apple and banks
* Fed Chair Janet Yellen to speak at 4:00 p.m. ET
* Apple drops on Barclays price target cut
* Indexes down: Dow 0.85 pct, S&P 0.65 pct, Nasdaq 0.66 pct (Updates to afternoon)
By Noel Randewich
Sept 29 Wall Street dropped on Thursday, weighed down by Apple as well as selling in Wells Fargo, Citigroup and other major banks as investors worried about the health of Deutsche Bank.
The S&P 500 financial index dropped 1.11 percent after Bloomberg reported that some hedge funds have withdrawn excess cash and positions held at the German lender.
Concerns over the stability of Germany's... read more
- 09:35 Golf club in Burnley targeted by thieves
- 09:35 Plans for direct North Lincolnshire to London trains
- 09:35 Tax chaos for 900,000 savers as NS&I three-year pensioner bonds...
- 09:35 LIVE: Wednesday's Preston North End news - Aston Villa reaction and...
- 09:34 'Affordable' housing in Bilton: new meeting announced
- 09:34 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:34 Chelsea star Eden Hazard talks Barcelona tactics and makes Lionel...
- 09:33 Junior doctor knocked over woman on Sunderland crossing
- 09:33 Troy: Fall of a City: Who was the Greek hero Agamemnon?
- 09:33 Back off! Hungary votes AGAINST Euro Commission as it tries to...
- 09:32 Meeting to make decision on proposals to reduce size of Lichfield...
- 09:32 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:32 Weather: 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' to freeze Yorkshire next week
- 09:31 Netanyahu aide agrees to implicate PM over corruption claims – reports
- 09:31 Lake District zip-wire plans abandoned after protests
- 09:31 Pound to euro exchange rate: Brexit report drives sterling higher
- 09:31 Breaking: Fire crews in attendance at Mablethorpe house fire
- 09:30 Doncaster octogenarian’s royal appointment in recognition of...
- 09:30 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:29 The prolific Newcastle United striker whose name is so often...
- 09:29 Knifeman who sparked a stand-off with armed police at his Hebburn...
- 09:28 Steve Bruce's verdict on Lewis Grabban - the full Aston Villa press...
- 09:28 Every word Steve Cotterill had to say after Birmingham City were...
- 09:28 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:28 Barratt considers shifting production from Germany to UK
- 09:28 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:27 Value our inspirational teachers
- 09:26 Crooks backing old pal van Veen to be a big hit at Cobblers
- 09:26 Blaze at glass recycling plant in South Kirkby near Pontefract
- 09:25 Wraps come off new BMW X4