US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street rises as OPEC deal fuels energy shares
Wall Street ended higher on Wednesday after an OPEC agreement to limit crude output fueled a rally in oil prices and energy shares and more than offset nervousness about a tight race for the U.S. presidency.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 109.64 points, or 0.6 percent, to 18,337.94, the S&P 500 gained 11.33 points, or 0.52 percent, to 2,171.26 and the Nasdaq Composite added 12.84 points, or 0.24 percent, to 5,318.55. (Reporting by Noel Randewich; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- 15:04 Harry praised new wife Meghan for ‘navigating with grace’ chaotic...
- 15:03 Ruth Davidson: UK must become less London-centric to save Union
- 15:02 Santa Fe High School shooting: Who are the victims?
- 14:58 Forming memories with special images
- 14:56 Tory MP’s are getting ready for another snap general election
- 14:54 Details of Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding speech revealed
- 14:50 Chelsea owner Abramovich experiences UK visa renewal 'delay'
- 14:49 Police appeal after bike stolen
- 14:48 Preview Capital sights in view
- 14:48 Jazz albums with Chris Searle Trio totally in tune with perfection
- 14:48 Man rescued from 'hoarder's' burning Moseley home
- 14:46 Police searching for missing Cumbria teenager
- 14:43 Former Liverpool star would be open to Anfield return - but it's...
- 14:43 Hose Primary School installs new climbing frame thanks to lottery...
- 14:38 Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich missed FA Cup final over UK...
- 14:35 Tyson Fury: Opponent confirmed for heavyweight comeback fight in June
- 14:34 Geordie Shore's Marnie Simpson shows off her pert posterior in...
- 14:34 Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon admits she's 'insecure' about her...
- 14:34 Coronation Street's Faye Brookes showcases her lean figure in biker...
- 14:34 Fearne Cotton shares make-up free selfie after rough night with her...
- 14:34 Lottie Moss flashes her toned stomach in a tiny white crop top and...
- 14:34 WW2 German sea mine washes up near Bognor Regis
- 14:33 Boss of Yorkshire Bank says digital business could overtake high...
- 14:31 ‘Believing me is crucial’: How to talk to somebody who is...
- 14:29 Chelsea star Willian aims huge dig at Antonio Conte in SHOCKING...
- 14:27 Nigel Farage to address far-right rally in Germany
- 14:26 Homeless woman died with almost £1,000,000 in the bank
- 14:25 Pupils impress with Maypole dancing skills
- 14:23 Dodgy fish sellers are causing a right stink
- 14:22 Tyson Fury to face Sefer Seferi in comeback fight