US STOCKS-Futures fall as investors weigh rate-hike chances
* Futures down: Dow 28 pts, S&P 4 pts, Nasdaq 7.75 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 6 U.S. stock index futures were lower on Thursday as improving economic data and comments from Federal Reserve officials suggested monetary policy could be tightened by the end of the year.
* The dollar index rose 0.2 percent as investors await the September jobs report on Friday that will help determine the future path of interest rates.
* A growing number of Fed officials have expressed the need for higher rates as the labor market remains robust and inflation inches towards the central bank's 2... read more
- 17:02 How Theresa May's DUP deal gives Northern Ireland 18 times as much...
- 17:02 Travellers moved off Basford Park as Stoke-on-Trent City Council...
- 17:02 Man arrested after Castle Vale care home pensioner 'battered with...
- 17:01 Stephanie Parrott School of Dance to hold fund-raising dance in...
- 17:01 Chesterfield McDonald's reopens after refurbishment
- 17:00 ‘Shed’ idea for town centre bar
- 17:00 Air force general ‘used fighter jet to save time on his commute’
- 17:00 Fears are rewoken over quarry plans
- 17:00 Greggs may open later this year opposite Preston hospital
- 16:59 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 16:59 The Betrayed Girls: MP says she was called 'racist' over Rochdale...
- 16:59 Crash Bandicoot PS4 review round-up: N Sane Trilogy divides critics
- 16:59 Travellers who moved onto Chaddesden Park vow to stay in Derby for...
- 16:59 Pokemon Go UPDATE - Rare Shiny Pikachu REVEALED for Niantic...
- 16:58 Facebook storm after hunting group pose for wedding pictures at top...
- 16:58 Radja Nainggolan will join Manchester United reckons pundit Janusz...
- 16:57 Borders huntsmen convicted of breaching fox-hunting laws
- 16:57 Raid on Barclays bank in Sparkbook: Everything we know so far
- 16:56 Worldwide fears as borrowing may become much more difficult
- 16:56 Phil Neville: If Manchester United can do this they will challenge...
- 16:56 Helping families as always
- 16:56 Pupils learning to keep it fresh after food firm pays a visit
- 16:55 PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Made In Chelsea's Tiffany Watson flaunts serious...
- 16:55 Hey Good(man) Lookin'! Reality star Chloe displays her eye-popping...
- 16:55 Plenty of inspiration to be found
- 16:54 Calls for indyrer2 to require a 70% margin for victory
- 16:54 The disruptive retailers bringing the high street to the consumer
- 16:54 The Ripon Mayor’s column with Pauline McHardy
- 16:54 Conwy bride's dream wedding nightmare after marquee firm no-show
- 16:53 Brazil authorities seek arrest of 95 Rio de Janeiro police officers