US STOCKS-Futures fall as investors weigh rate-hike chances
* Futures down: Dow 28 pts, S&P 4 pts, Nasdaq 7.75 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 6 U.S. stock index futures were lower on Thursday as improving economic data and comments from Federal Reserve officials suggested monetary policy could be tightened by the end of the year.
* The dollar index rose 0.2 percent as investors await the September jobs report on Friday that will help determine the future path of interest rates.
* A growing number of Fed officials have expressed the need for higher rates as the labor market remains robust and inflation inches towards the central bank's 2... read more
- 10:55 Juventus mocked over new badge design with Twitter users branding...
- 10:54 How long have I got to spend my old five pound notes before they're...
- 10:54 Woman sacked after ex posted revenge porn to her boss
- 10:54 Overwatch PS4, Xbox One, PC UPDATE: Blizzard adds ESSENTIAL new...
- 10:54 Coventry City Red Bull takeover rumour takes off after Twitter...
- 10:54 Marcus Rashford to West Ham: Man United star told to make shock...
- 10:54 Japan brewer Asahi says it is open to more M&A after Europe beer deals
- 10:54 Man charged after 12-hour stand-off at flat
- 10:53 Opinions sought on future of historic Grange lido
- 10:53 Marcus Rashford reveals two biggest influences at Manchester United
- 10:53 BREAKING: EasyJet flight diverted to Malaga after 'severe...
- 10:53 Hull City's Ehab Allam says supporters not painting club in best...
- 10:52 Teenager has been found
- 10:51 Police issue warning after elderly woman nearly tricked into...
- 10:51 Lloyd's of London to announce new EU outpost in coming months
- 10:51 Tottenham striker sends title warning to Chelsea
- 10:51 Man killed in Broughton A5104 crash suffered multiple organ failure
- 10:50 Spot On Lancashire has something for everyone
- 10:50 India teenagers die taking selfies with train
- 10:49 Baker spends 35 hours making life-sized Conor McGregor cake...
- 10:48 Club celebrates 25 years of friendship
- 10:47 DOW JONES FUTURES DOWN 0.4 PCT, S&P 500 AND NASDAQ FUTURES DOWN...
- 10:47 Centre-right leads EU speaker race in first vote
- 10:47 Nadia was a princess for day in Leamington and Warwick thanks to...
- 10:47 Why does a bit of snow plunge Britain into transport chaos?
- 10:47 Two Castles Run entry will be through ballot system for first time
- 10:47 Figures show 40 learners are caught using driving test...
- 10:47 Traders announced for Warwick food festival
- 10:47 Leeds in talks over January midfielder deal
- 10:46 New nursery for Kettering primary school