US STOCKS-Futures at one-month lows after Fed minutes; banks drop
* Futures down: Dow 93 pts, S&P 11.5 pts, Nasdaq 28.25 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 13 U.S. stock index futures were trading at one-month lows on Thursday as Deutsche Bank weighed on financial stocks, while the Federal Reserve's minutes revealed a stronger resolve to raise interest rates soon.
* Deutsche Bank's Frankfurt-listed stock fell 2.5 percent after sources told Reuters that the bank was introducing a hiring freeze as it seeks to cut costs amid a deep strategic overhaul.
* The bank's U.S. shares were down 2.6 percent in heavy premarket trading, dragging down Citigroup,... read more
- 12:04 Edin Dzeko issues Chelsea transfer demand to Antonio Conte before...
- 12:03 Masham pub rewards Macmillan staff with free meals as thank you
- 12:03 New houses announced for Harrogate area
- 12:03 Princess Eugenie to marry long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank
- 12:03 Leeds schools boss sets out vision to transform city education
- 12:03 READER PICTURE: Gazing on a sunny afternoon
- 12:03 Stolen Mercedes PLOUGHS into parked cars as burglars flee
- 12:02 Pound v US dollar: GBP rises amid highly optimistic post-Brexit...
- 12:03 Barnsley owner Patrick Cryne dies aged 66 after cancer battle
- 12:02 Hundreds still using mobile phones behind the wheel
- 12:02 The cash ISA is DEAD – worst returns in history mean you LOSE money
- 12:02 Murphy to chart direct Cheltenham Festival route with Hunters Call
- 12:02 Northumbria Police joins national campaign
- 12:02 Barrow terrorist accused arrives at court to face trial
- 12:02 Mystery cab driver known only as 'Mr Delta' helped to keep...
- 12:02 New houses announced for Harrogate area
- 12:01 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Jose Mourinho wants repeat of Chelsea...
- 12:01 Alexis Sanchez snapped leaving the Lowry… was he talking to Sir...
- 12:01 Aston Villa transfer news tracker: Manchester United duo among...
- 12:00 Paedophile is found dead in prison weeks after being jailed for...
- 11:59 The 15 biting spiders that live in the UK and how to spot them -...
- 11:59 North East transformed into winter wonderland as snow falls across...
- 11:59 Chelsea weighing up shock move for West Ham forward Marko Arnautovic
- 11:59 Liverpool target Allison sends fans into frenzy after capping MoM...
- 11:58 Hyeon Chung reveals he’s always copied Novak Djokovic after amazing...
- 11:58 Kyle Edmund vs Grigor Dimitrov live stream, TV channel, UK time...
- 11:58 Elland-based Marshalls outperforming the construction sector
- 11:58 YOUR tributes to Blackpool legend Jimmy Armfield
- 11:57 M62 traffic: Lane of motorway closed after crash near Ripponden
- 11:57 New houses announced for Harrogate area