US stocks CHAOS: Investors ditch almost $9 billion of equities as political turmoil builds
Funds invested in US equities saw outflows of $8.9 billion in the week to Wednesday - their third straight week of outflows - while those dedicated to European stocks added $1.1 billion, the largest in 39 weeks and the ninth straight week of inflows.
BAML summarised, referring to White House battles over the struggles over alleged links to Russia and to the removal of the FBI director: "D.C. disruption: new risk... Washington political malaise causes capital flight from US."
The big winner for the week, meanwhile, were global tech stocks, now enjoying the biggest annualised... read more
- 17:55 Former Chester FC striker James Akintunde joins Maidenhead United
- 17:55 Donald Trump to meet the Queen during UK visit
- 17:53 Sunderland council agrees to give £6.5m to support £8m children’s...
- 17:53 Cash stolen from Tesco Express in Kenilworth
- 17:53 'The party is over' - police place closure notice on Barrow property
- 17:51 Is Steve Trevor's return in Wonder Woman 2 just another absurd...
- 17:48 Profile: Dr Jane Barton, GP and the Gosport hospital scandal
- 17:48 Health chiefs to make case for further changes to hospital services...
- 17:46 Pride clothing made in countries where being gay is illegal
- 17:46 Health chiefs to make case for further changes to hospital services...
- 17:46 WWII bomb taken to York shop sparks alert
- 17:46 Appeal to find 'silly' 1989 Addenbrooke's cancer nurse Debbie
- 17:46 Woodford student admits killing teenage sister in crash
- 17:45 Ancient 'Saxon road' discovered under Victoria Square in Birmingham...
- 17:45 Yobs steal golf buggy, crash it and cause THOUSANDS of pounds worth...
- 17:45 Burger King sorry for Whopper offer to women who get pregnant by...
- 17:43 Man loves his job so much he got his company logo tattooed on...
- 17:42 How Senegal's coach Aliou Cisse became a meme
- 17:41 Pokemon Go player, 71, ‘beat up man who accused him of cheating’
- 17:40 Private emails show DfT contempt for rail users, says MP
- 17:40 Leading author at World Cup themed event nets great result
- 17:39 Burger King continues quest for Peace Day burger after McWhopper...
- 17:39 BBQs at the ready: Iceland is now selling pigs in blankets kebabs
- 17:38 Dad and daughter's incredible transformation after losing 23 stone...
- 17:36 Donald Trump will meet the Queen during UK visit
- 17:35 Caroline Verdon: Who has time to be a perfect ‘Pinterest mum’?
- 17:35 Leeds rush hour bicycle ride for Clean Air Day
- 17:34 Liverpool chief offers huge update on Anfield redevelopment
- 17:33 'Calamity of utter failures' on Northern network slammed by...
- 17:33 Search for lost daughter named in will