US Secretary of State John Kerry warns that negotiations with Russia over Syria will end unless they stop attacking war-torn Aleppo
SECRETARY of State John Kerry is threatening to cut off all contact with Moscow over Syria, unless Russian and Syrian government attacks on Aleppo end.
The State Department said Mr Kerry issued the ultimatum in a Wednesday telephone call to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
Mr Kerry's spokesman, John Kirby, said he expressed grave concern over Russian and Syrian government attacks on hospitals, water supplies and other civilian infrastructure in Aleppo.
He said Mr Kerry told Mr Lavrov that the US holds Russia responsible for the use of incendiary and bunker-buster bombs in an urban... read more
- 09:39 Is drinking cow's milk 'inhumane'?
- 09:39 Dundee United challenge excites Scott McDonald
- 09:39 £900-worth of roofing felt stolen from West Cumbrian school
- 09:39 Manchester United stars poke fun at youngster in training ahead of...
- 09:38 Piers Morgan in ferocious CLASH with Love Island stars after GMB...
- 09:37 Search planned for missing Powys teenager at Royal Welsh Show
- 09:37 Robert Pattinson was kicked out of school for selling porn magazines
- 09:36 Safety expert plunged to his death down lift shaft, inquest told
- 09:35 Dr G Yunupingu: An exquisite singer who 'spoke to the soul'
- 09:35 UK diesel and petrol ban - Government's shock new plans and how it...
- 09:35 More than 1,800 homes missed bin collections yesterday - these are...
- 09:34 Celtic skipper Scott Brown insists Moussa Dembele can only get...
- 09:33 Scientists hope fish clues aid spinal cord injury treatment
- 09:32 Guy Martin calls time on road racing career
- 09:31 Divorcee destroys ex's $1m violin collection in Japan
- 09:30 BMW stolen from outside home
- 09:30 Fred Story funds new dig at Roman finds site in Carlisle
- 09:28 Pervert who abused young boy allowed to serve his 'lenient' sentence
- 09:28 Transfer News LIVE: Follow the latest news and gossip from around...
- 09:27 Arsenal showing genuine interest in £36m Nice star Jean-Michael Seri
- 09:26 New bid demands more trains between Lincolnshire and London
- 09:25 Police chief Philip Seccombe confident on residents' safety despite...
- 09:25 POUND LIVE: Pound rises ahead of UK economy growth figures for Q2
- 09:24 Aston Villa transfer news and rumours LIVE: Wednesday, July 26th
- 09:24 Hong Kong-China train station could apply mainland law
- 09:23 Pope's financial adviser makes brief court appearance charged with...
- 09:23 British holidaymakers flee French Riviera wildfires as thousands...
- 09:22 Mum hopes killer of son, 5, is never released from prison
- 09:22 The heartbreaking origins of cesarean section births revealed
- 09:21 Tyron Woodley: I don't think GSP wants to fight me, he's worried...