US Navy aircraft carrying 11 crashes off Japan
A US Navy aircraft carrying 11 crew and passengers has crashed into the sea off the coast of Japan.
The cause of crash is unknown and the names those onboard are being withheld while next of kin are notified, the US Navy said in a statement.
The aircraft was en route to the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan in the Philippine Sea.
The US Navy lost 10 personnel in August, when the USS John McCain collided with a tanker near Singapore.
- 13:11 Bristol City striker banned for spitting at Birmingham City ace
- 13:11 Victory for campaigners as housing plans for Sunderland's West Park...
- 13:11 Sunderland music festival backs forces veterans' support group
- 13:10 Mirfield's new mayor promises task force for a brighter future
- 13:08 What is a Humanist funeral? Dale Winton to be laid to rest at...
- 13:07 Melton friends set their sights on China trek for Dove Cottage
- 13:06 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 13:06 Family fun day for firefighter Stefan in Gainsborough
- 13:06 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 13:06 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:06 Man accused of launching "vicious attack" on his friend in a hotel...
- 13:06 Yorkshire rail strikes confirmed this week: What days will trains...
- 13:04 West Midlands Mayor Andy Street wants control of hundreds of...
- 13:04 2018 World Cup: Harry Kane named England captain - reaction
- 13:03 Millom Park Run members take on a different type of challenge
- 13:03 Barrow man banned from ringing 999 'unless in life-threatening...
- 13:03 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:02 Cheshire police boss backs campaign to tackle mental health issues...
- 13:02 DERBY FAN’S VIEW: disloyal Rowett is jumping ship when we need...
- 13:01 Arsenal new home kit for 2018/19: Check out Puma shirt for next season
- 13:01 BBC Coventry and Warwickshire presenter Bob Brolly suffers stroke
- 13:01 Police say missing Coventry schoolboy has been found safe and well
- 13:01 NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL: Orthodontist service expansion
- 13:01 Watch terrifying moment a cyclist is ambushed by masked gang...
- 13:01 Senior Catholic bishop convicted of covering up child sex abuse
- 13:01 Police give uninsured pregnant driver lift to hospital, then seize...
- 13:00 On the up! New indoor climbing centre set to open in Leeds
- 12:59 MP Richard Burden asks why Government failed to support Gaza inquiry
- 12:59 Remembering Martyn Hett after #BeMoreMartyn opens
- 12:59 Chinese archaeologist who 'discovered and restored' Terracotta...