US election: Donald Trump sorry for obscene remarks on women
US presidential candidate Donald Trump has apologised for obscene comments about women he made in a newly released videotape from 2005.
Mr Trump said that "these words don't reflect who I am... I apologise".
In the video, Mr Trump says "you can do anything" to women "when you're a star" and brags about trying to grope and kiss women.
Top Republicans condemned the comments. His election rival Hillary Clinton called them "horrific".
"We cannot allow this man to become president," she posted on Twitter.
Trump and the 'Miss Piggy' row Lay off a... read more
- 17:49 Pensioner in hospital after bus crash which brought city centre...
- 17:46 VIDEO: 85-year-old woman put into induced coma after crash which...
- 17:46 Christmas soup lunch in Louth on Saturday
- 17:46 Christmas carol flash mob to take over Barrow town centre
- 17:46 Former police chief becomes chairman of Lincolnshire’s hospitals trust
- 17:44 I'm A Celebrity's Rebekah Vardy left 'heartbroken' over how she...
- 17:43 Britain First chief Jayda Fransen shouts 'No Surrender' after...
- 17:43 List of 17 Birmingham bus routes diverted due to icy conditions
- 17:39 Beard-stroking 'job' advert gets thousands of responses
- 17:38 Warnings over illegal rave-style event proposed at 'dangerous...
- 17:37 Neymar ‘wants’ Real Madrid move: How he could fit in at the Bernabeu
- 17:37 James Rodriguez: Bayern Munich star planned Real Madrid return and...
- 17:37 F1 news: Williams DELAY decision over 2018 drivers Robert Kubica...
- 17:37 Ashes: Jonny Bairstow does his dad proud with maiden hundred
- 17:36 Rigoletto review: Royal Opera House, London
- 17:35 Murder investigation launched after two-year-old child dies in...
- 17:35 'It's finally real life for her' - brave girl's joy about spending...
- 17:34 Brexit talks: Why 2018 will be no easier
- 17:34 Emergency services battle bad weather to rescue man stranded on...
- 17:34 Revealed ... the four options for the new Menai crossing
- 17:33 Ceredigion Herald newspaper ends print run after two years
- 17:32 Stephen Robinson reveals Motherwell are closing in on a replacement...
- 17:32 Rylan Clark-Neal announces hiatus from This Morning
- 17:31 Former police chief becomes chairman of Lincolnshire’s hospitals trust
- 17:31 Murder investigation launched after two-year-old child dies in...
- 17:31 Charlie takes top spot in book review competition
- 17:30 Chance to work at ancient Skara Brae on Orkney
- 17:30 South Shields barber shop set to give free haircuts to homeless
- 17:29 Police charge 15 drink or drug drivers from Leeds so far this month
- 17:29 Family forced to block igloo after dog kept using it as a kennel