Ursula Keogh’s final message to her mum ‘before she took her own life’
A young girl with a history of self-harm messaged her mum saying ‘I love you, but so sorry’ on the day she died, an inquest has heard.
Ursula Keogh, 11, was found in a river in Halifax, West Yorkshire, on January 22.
She had been reported missing by her mother, acclaimed novelist Nicola Harlow, who later had to identify her body.
Bradford Coroner’s Court official Bernard Tate said: ‘Ursula Keogh lived with her mother and had a history of self-harm.
‘Her mother contacted the police to raise concerns for her daughter and said she had received a text message from her which said: ‘I love you... read more
- 12:08 The Aston Villa promotion winner plotting against them at Wembley
- 12:08 'He rolls his sleeves up and works like a beast' - Aston Villa's...
- 12:08 Let children eat soil says TV gardener Alan Titchmarsh
- 12:08 Mystery of missing Coventry man John Robbins after Tile Hill murder
- 12:08 Bono and Ed Sheeran in Manchester attack concert call
- 12:08 Two arrested over murder of teenage German backpacker murdered in 1988
- 12:07 Burnley fashion designer creates a sensation after making Royal...
- 12:07 Katie Bulmer-Cooke: How my mother has been my inspiration for a...
- 12:05 Sexual exploitation of women in 'pop-up brothels' is widespread,...
- 12:03 50,000 knitted poppies and massive community spirit - how Ripon's...
- 12:03 Over 30 miles of motorway links across Yorkshire set for safety...
- 12:03 Scarborough coffee shop raided in late night burglary
- 12:03 U-turn over Facebook chief's EU meeting
- 12:03 Thousands demand laws to end the cruel trade in puppies
- 12:01 BREAKING NEWS: Road closed in Northampton after fatal hit-and-run
- 12:01 Cottingham school hoping new library will inspire a love of reading
- 12:01 Zoe set to have a ball at Radio 2's Ibiza weekend
- 12:01 APPEAL: Man suffers serious facial injuries in Blackpool 'bar brawl'
- 12:00 Man headbutted girlfriend in front of baby daughter
- 11:59 MP ‘delighted’ by Fylde job figures
- 11:59 Zoe set to have a ball at Radio 2's Ibiza weekend
- 11:58 Hugh Grant to marry for the first time
- 11:58 50,000 knitted poppies and massive community spirit - how Ripon's...
- 11:58 Over 30 miles of motorway links across Yorkshire set for safety...
- 11:58 John's real-time WW1 blog: 17 more casualties overshadow hints of...
- 11:57 Watch out - extra speed camera vans on roads
- 11:56 Glasgow Westerwood hotel and golf resort among five new DoubleTrees
- 11:56 Alexis Sánchez admits he has struggled to adapt at Manchester United
- 11:56 Over 30 miles of motorway links across Yorkshire set for safety...
- 11:55 Extra tickets for Lionel Richie's Northampton gig go on sale