UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept. 28
(Adds futures, company news)
Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 3 points, or 0.05 percent lower on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.21 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.2 percent on Tuesday at 6,807.67, weighed down by a drop in banking stocks such as Standard Chartered and weaker energy company stock prices.
* RBS: Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc will pay $1.1 billion to resolve claims that it sold toxic mortgage-backed securities to credit unions that later failed, the U.S. National Credit Union... read more
- 08:39 Traffic chaos in Derby as car overturns at Five Lamps
- 08:39 Flood warning issued in the Calder Valley
- 08:38 Barnier to quit as EU's Brexit negotiator BEFORE trade talks...
- 08:37 Man Utd News: Mourinho threatens players claim, big injury boost,...
- 08:37 Mother filmed Argos doll ‘saying b***h’ to girl, 2, instead of Mama
- 08:37 Toni Kroos talks up Harry Kane at FIFA The Best awards amid...
- 08:37 Cristiano Ronaldo and family joined by Real Madrid team-mate Sergio...
- 08:33 Trump in Twitter spat with grieving war widow pregnant with slain...
- 08:32 Police seek vandal over attack on ambulance in Sheffield
- 08:30 Serious accident closes road in both directions off A57
- 08:29 Owner of Preston's 1842 bar insists venue is not closing
- 08:29 Powerhouse chief’s praise for Lancashire
- 08:28 Schoolboys mimed sex acts on black pupils and shouted about...
- 08:28 'I was afraid to go out on street' - Midland slavery victim
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:28 Man Utd news: Ryan Giggs makes bold Man City title prediction
- 08:27 Neymar slams Marseille fans for throwing ‘baguettes’ at him during...
- 08:27 Missing Barrow man found safe and well
- 08:27 Leader comment: Football exposes children to hate
- 08:27 Maureen Dowd: Carter lusts for Trump posting
- 08:26 Lune Valley family farm saved by ‘hipster coffee drinkers’
- 08:25 Staggering rise of hate crime reports in Hull and East Yorkshire
- 08:24 Soap spoilers: EastEnders reveals a huge announcement
- 08:24 Craig Revel Horwood ‘in agony after delaying hip operation to keep...
- 08:23 Commuters bemused as Merseyrail cancels trains over 'slippery rails'
- 08:23 Teenager left with broken jaw after Bold Street attack
- 08:20 John Bateman to be named at centre for England's World Cup clash...
- 08:20 Richard Madeley loses it amid drink debate: ‘People are sick of...
- 08:19 TOWIE's Gemma Collins to 'sue BBC for negligence' after stage fall...
- 08:17 Coventry city centre sealed off by police - live updates