UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 4
(Adds futures, company news items)
Oct 4 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 4 to 8 points, or 0.1 percent on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.07 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 1.22 percent at 6983.52 points on Monday, helped by a drop in the sterling, as a weaker pound typically benefits the FTSE's export-driven, internationally focused companies.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca Plc said on Tuesday its heart drug Brilinta failed to show any benefit over an existing medicine in treating peripheral artery disease... read more
- 00:59 Ding Junhui avoids shock first-round exit by producing stirring...
- 00:57 Venezuela opposition puts pressure on President Maduro
- 00:57 'NUTRITION IS ABOUT FEELING GOOD'
- 00:57 Flood defence funding 'favours rich areas' in the South East
- 00:53 Microsoft to increase UK prices of enterprise products, citing...
- 00:52 Gerard Butler, Venus Williams and Gordon Ramsey watch Lewis...
- 00:49 Scottish teachers begin strike action over workloads
- 00:47 Indyref2 is 'waste of time' until Scottish Government tackles...
- 00:46 Is vinegar the next SUPERFOOD? Grain and fruit varieties 'have good...
- 00:46 Dalbeattie Tennis Club hosts 2016 end of season awards evening
- 00:45 Monday interview: Brett Simpson, chief executive of Low & Bonar
- 00:45 Edinburgh’s office take-up shrugs off Brexit uncertainty
- 00:45 Call to help Dundee’s Waterfront progress
- 00:44 Doctors name treatments that bring little or no benefit
- 00:42 The media boss who swapped winning Oscars for kids TV
- 00:42 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 00:41 Ian Rankin: ‘I can’t imagine killing off Rebus’
- 00:41 Classical music review: St Andrews Voices, St Andrews
- 00:41 Heading footballs 'affects memory'
- 00:37 Manchester United legend Phil Neville blasts Paul Pogba and Ander...
- 00:37 'I can't wait for wedding I never had': Transgender Justine on...
- 00:37 Better bus services 'cut social deprivation'
- 00:35 Trainers and decorative flamingos kick CD racks off shopping lists
- 00:35 ‘Tornado’ image of starlings wins coveted photography competition
- 00:33 Modi sees election danger in India's 'Dalit Queen'
- 00:33 Top assist providers in Premier League history: Which Man Utd great...
- 00:29 What next after the Jungle?
- 00:28 AI predicts outcome of human rights cases
- 00:24 Scents of villainy, from Eden to an odiferous ancient Rome
- 00:24 ‘Neither independent nor impartial’