Unseen archive reveals life with the Army part-timers
0 Have your say A fascinating archive chronicling 10 years in the life of the Territorial Army in the North West of England is being made available for the first time. Roger Goodwin reports Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s Major Chris Vere was the Territorial Army’s Public Information Officer at Army Headquarters North West District, based in Preston.
As such he criss-crossed the region – and often further afield, including abroad – photographing the activities of what was then one of the largest TA concentrations in the country.
There were units from all the combat and supporting... read more
- 05:05 £15m for Teesside, none for us - experts hit out at devolution...
- 05:05 North Tyneside healthcare to be slashed to provide one 24-hour service
- 05:04 Manhunt for murderer with North Wales links into third week
- 05:04 Welsh speakers to man phonelines of major child sex abuse inquiry
- 04:58 Cineworld Broad Street's 4DX screen is a smash hit with the stars...
- 04:51 New York State Athletic Commission keeping a close eye on Conor...
- 04:51 Golden boys! British Ballon d'Or winners: Which Manchester United...
- 04:44 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 04:36 Paul Beatty is first American to win Man Booker Prize for The Sellout
- 04:36 Father to be sentenced for murder of two-month old baby Daisy-Mae
- 04:36 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 04:34 James Clapper says North Korea denuclearisation a 'lost cause'
- 04:29 Young adult offenders rethink urged by MPs
- 04:10 LETTER: Open invitation for Corbyn to visit Dewsbury
- 04:10 LETTER: Incensed at decision to shut Kirklees museum
- 04:10 LETTER: We need more than just opposition
- 04:10 PPG is bringing the colour back to the Batley and Birstall community
- 04:10 Week of disruption as roadworks take place at Chain Bar
- 04:10 Cost of living - fuel prices on the increase
- 04:10 Millions of Brits risking home security
- 04:10 30 years on, police re-examine brutal unsolved canalside murder
- 04:10 New Dewsbury sessions to help learn more about World War One
- 04:02 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 04:00 Nikkei edges down after U.S. shares drop; mining shares sold
- 03:56 Feeling of financial security 'takes £21,000 savings'
- 03:56 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 03:55 Conservatives in turmoil over Heathrow third runway decision
- 03:55 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 03:55 Father to be sentenced for murder of two-month old baby Daisy-Mae
- 03:33 France's Engie sees greatest LNG growth as shipping fuel