University marks Anti-Slavery Day with unusual cardboard packaging in Hull city centre
Unusual cardboard packaging has been appeared across the streets of Hull city centre this morning.
But the upright boxes were not left out overnight for the bin crews.
Instead, they are part of a new campaign from the University of Hull's Wilberforce Institute for the study of Slavery and Emancipation (WISE) to mark Anti-Slavery Day.
Each human-sized box is meant to illustrate modern day slavery is hidden in plain sight, displaying a job title on their sides to highlight public misconceptions around the type of work connected with modern day slavery.
WISE director John Oldfield said:... read more
- 00:16 Picture This
- 00:16 Poetry
- 00:16 Bright future beckons for this Solo effort
- 00:16 Owner puts relegation battle down to his illness
- 00:16 Cricket: Broken hand forces Hales to miss rest of Tour
- 00:16 Jones: Lack of leaders could cost England the World Cup
- 00:16 Mike Ambrose: A lovely man and an inspiring journalist
- 00:17 Murder probe after university student dies in attack near...
- 00:16 The stark choices faced by Ecuadorians
- 00:17 Drivers' lives at risk due to dangerous second-hand tyres,...
- 00:16 The just cause of fairer political representation
- 00:17 PM's post-Brexit strategy includes energy storage and battery...
- 00:16 Threadbare nationalism
- 00:16 Syria: Isis destroys more ancient monuments in Palmyra
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence
- 00:16 Police Taser Own Racism Adviser
- 00:13 Second-hand tyres put lives at risk, councils warn
- 00:12 Boris Johnson urges unseated Gambian president Yahya Jammeh to...
- 00:12 Pair face child cruelty sentencing over girl's death
- 00:12 Woman held over Leonne Weeks stab death released on bail
- 00:12 'Unfit mother' and partner jailed for letting tragic Poppy, four,...
- 00:12 Nine fined for wilful obstruction of highway in Heathrow Black...