Unilever ‘using Brexit to exploit customers’
Price row escalates as Marmite disappears from Tesco shelves
by Sofia Lotto Persio
BRITISH-DUTCH multinational giant Unilever was accused yesterday of “exploiting consumers” after it increased the prices of popular products due to the pound falling.
The company is in the middle of a dispute with Tesco after the supermarket chain halted the delivery of Unilever products when the firm raised prices by 10 per cent. Tesco stores now face a shortage of brands ranging from Hellmann’s mayonnaise to Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
The firm owns around 400 brands, but the public’s attention was caught... read more
- 16:15 Fabulous at 40 - The celebrities who don't seem to age
- 16:14 View from the Zoo: Free ranging friendly birds
- 16:13 Halifax bow and arrow girl shooting 'not intentional'
- 16:12 Real Madrid tie Lucas Vazquez down to long-term contract after...
- 16:12 Quiz: can you name all 33 Burton Albion players Nigel Clough has...
- 16:11 Thousands stolen from security man during violent robbery in...
- 16:11 Social worker is in the running to win major award
- 16:10 Manchester United youngster Nishan Burkart scores outrageous winner...
- 16:10 Halloween highlights in the Harrogate District
- 16:10 Rock Up and Sing! choir set to perform gigs in Budapest
- 16:10 Column – Transport Talk with Don Mackenzie
- 16:10 Businesses evacuated in Stirling after gas leak at industrial estate
- 16:10 The unfair secrets behind celebrity fitness DVDs
- 16:10 Brother of stab victim to run for Chorley’s A&E
- 16:09 Police called after pig’s head found in Wellingborough
- 16:09 Repton left 'in chaos' due to diversion signs misleading drivers,...
- 16:09 Shop banned from selling alcohol after employing illegal immigrant
- 16:08 Revealed: Our top 10 nightmares, and what they mean
- 16:08 Councils accused of taking risks with OAPs' wellbeing by failing to...
- 16:07 First look inside Halloween Spooktacular - pictures and video
- 16:07 Looking for work experience? We asked a job search expert for top tips
- 16:07 From cheeky scrawls to hilling tags - a look at Newcastle's graffiti
- 16:06 England need top order to come good as they look to wrap up Test...
- 16:06 Sports Minister Tracey Crouch shows off her football skills at the...
- 16:06 Ukip MEPs Steven Woolfe and Mike Hookem reported to French police...
- 16:06 Seaman caught with child abuse pictures after scaring girl, eight,...
- 16:05 Council forced to clean up overflowing rubbish which littered...
- 16:05 Why YOUR heartbeat as a teenager could affect you in later life:...
- 16:05 Northern Lights could be visible over Derbyshire tonight
- 16:04 Moscow withdraws request to Spain for refuelling of Syria-bound...