Unilever product prices to rise due collapse of sterling
The finance chief of Unilever has admitted that the prices of its popular products will rise as a result of the collapse in sterling, a day after the firm was accused of "exploiting consumers" following a row with Tesco.
Speaking alongside the group's third quarter results, chief financial officer Graeme Pitkethly said: "In the UK, which accounts for 5% of turnover, prices should start to increase to cover the cost of imported goods due to weaker sterling."
However, he added that he is confident that the dispute with Tesco will be "resolved very quickly" and... read more
- 13:34 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho breaks silence and makes shock admission...
- 13:34 Real Madrid team news: Predicted Real Madrid line up vs Deportivo...
- 13:33 Film reviews: The Post | The Final Year | Coco | The Commuter
- 13:32 Tyson Fury free to set-up Anthony Joshua fight after boxing...
- 13:32 Olivier Giroud next club: Three Premier League sides in running to...
- 13:32 Wrexham AFC must be 100% focused for Hartlepool clash
- 13:31 Town Council agrees precept rise for Whitehaven residents
- 13:30 Castleford school to gift 1,000 books to set up library in Ghana
- 13:30 Health bosses hope to reassure people over shake-up of A&E services...
- 13:30 MP highlights issues facing hospital trust during parliamentary debate
- 13:30 New trusts announced for some of WCAT schools - but not those in...
- 13:29 Leeds man jailed for life for murder of Halifax mum Jessica King
- 13:29 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte opens up on transfer plans with Dzeko...
- 13:29 Court: Man punched to floor in Boroughbridge betting shop attack
- 13:28 British Boxing Board of Control WILL lift Tyson Fury's suspension...
- 13:28 UCI chief David Lappartient says Team Sky should suspend Chris...
- 13:28 Parents' privacy fears after school removes wall from front of...
- 13:28 Another road in Cumbria closed off because of badgers
- 13:28 Meet the Manager: Mark Hughes (Prestatyn Sports FC)
- 13:26 Man arrested after alleged sexual assault at Fellgate Metro station
- 13:26 M1 traffic: Huge delays following multi-vehicle crash - live updates
- 13:25 REVEALED: The number of pupils from your area of Wakefield...
- 13:25 Tyson Fury turns down Joseph Parker’s ring walk invitation
- 13:23 Lane closure prompts slow traffic on busy stretch of A50
- 13:22 Another road in Cumbria closed off because of badgers
- 13:22 Planned strike at Sellafield called off
- 13:22 Man exposes himself to teenage girl on Leicester bound train
- 13:22 Data-stealing spyware 'traced to Lebanon'
- 13:22 New group starts planning for Sleaford Christmas Market 2018 - and...
- 13:21 Lincolnshire Coastal Highway: Progress following ‘engagement meetings’