Unilever product prices to rise due collapse of sterling
The finance chief of Unilever has admitted that the prices of its popular products will rise as a result of the collapse in sterling, a day after the firm was accused of "exploiting consumers" following a row with Tesco.
Speaking alongside the group's third quarter results, chief financial officer Graeme Pitkethly said: "In the UK, which accounts for 5% of turnover, prices should start to increase to cover the cost of imported goods due to weaker sterling."
However, he added that he is confident that the dispute with Tesco will be "resolved very quickly" and... read more
- 09:44 Ohio passes bill making abortion illegal as soon as heartbeat is heard
- 09:44 British holiday jet diverted after bomb squad finds suspicious...
- 09:42 Crews tackle fire at commercial building in Bispham
- 09:42 Midwife units see one in four mums transferred by ambulance to...
- 09:42 Sign up now for Colour Dash 2017
- 09:41 Beef scheme tagging kits on their way after delays
- 09:41 One lane closed on Southbound M61 due to accident
- 09:41 43 footballers facing a probe over 'tax dodge': Players set to be...
- 09:41 Sunderland defender Paddy McNair gives a thumbs up from his...
- 09:41 Trump picks climate sceptic Pruitt environment chief
- 09:41 50mph average speed cameras removed from the A180 - video
- 09:40 Four-vehicle crash causes A38 traffic chaos
- 09:39 LIVE: Four vehicles involved in collision on A38 at Clay Mills
- 09:38 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, euro push higher as ECB stimulus plan looms
- 09:38 Japan's Abe may not be first sitting PM to visit Pearl Harbor -...
- 09:37 Cutting the ribbon at helpline’s new home
- 09:36 Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool updates as West...
- 09:35 Sports Direct blames Brexit pound collapse as profits fall by a...
- 09:35 Delays on Flensburg Way after reports of an accident
- 09:34 This dad has spent £30,000 on facial modification to look like a...
- 09:34 Hospital bosses tell feeding tube inquest "lessons were not learned"
- 09:33 Victor Anichebe is amazing, says team-mate Jermain Defoe
- 09:32 Ghana election commission website hacked
- 09:32 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ends Arsenal’s dream by stressing he...
- 09:32 Traffic chaos as route to M55 is shut after crash
- 09:31 Police chief pleased with leadership report
- 09:30 Four vehicles involved in collision on A38 at Clay Mills
- 09:30 Man sues NHS after he lost most of his penis to a...
- 09:29 Driver thought she had a flat tyre when she reversed into and...
- 09:28 Garry Monk reveals Leeds transfer plans for January window