Unhealthiness task force set up after figures show seven out 10 people are overweight in parts of Nottinghamshire
A taskforce set up to tackle the area’s numerous health problems has laid out its strategy to deal with the area’s ill health.
In some parts of Nottinghamshire, almost 70 percent of people are overweight, the rate of women smoking when they give birth is 50 percent higher than the national average, and alcohol-related hospital admissions are among the highest in the East Midlands.
However in parts of the county such as Rushcliffe, the population is considerably healthier.
This has created a ‘health inequality’ where people in some areas can expect to live eight years longer than people in... read more
- 10:13 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:13 Videos and pictures: Andres Iniesta plays final match for Barcelona
- 10:13 Sante Fe school shooting: Suspect 'was rejected' by victim Shana...
- 10:12 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:12 Woman ignores road closures to try and drive through half-marathon
- 10:12 Prince Harry and Meghan gave their wedding flowers to hospice patients
- 10:12 Ten-day heatwave to be broken by thunderstorms before return to...
- 10:10 Holly steps into the ruby slippers for stage debut
- 10:10 Event to give Borderlands growth deal a boost
- 10:10 Two arrested over 1988 backpacker murder
- 10:10 Noise alert for Preston residents as overnight railway line works...
- 10:10 The Big Walk event arrives in Carlisle
- 10:10 Homeless people are jailed and fined £1,000 as councils crack down...
- 10:10 Adventurer dies on his eighth attempt to climb Mount Everest
- 10:10 Join in the fun - you know the day and time!
- 10:09 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard knows about Man City interest, Pep...
- 10:09 Liverpool 'to open talks with Lyon over signing Nabil Fekir'
- 10:09 20-goal season star 'agrees deal to join Manchester United'
- 10:09 Station signs point out the healthy way to travel
- 10:09 Patel stars as Warwickshire beat Yorkshire
- 10:07 Boozed-up jelly bean burglar was caught after returning to get his...
- 10:07 Musician Bill to meet the Queen at royal garden party
- 10:07 Asda’s sell-out £30 inflatable lounge pool is back for summer
- 10:06 Business boss fined £1,400 after axing 14 protected trees at his...
- 10:06 Travellers moved on twice in Boston after resettling from Woodville...
- 10:05 Average asking price on a home across Britain has reached a record...
- 10:05 My partner and I are planning a trip to Japan next spring, but when...
- 10:05 Before their marriage my sister’s husband nominated his work...
- 10:05 Intergenerational divide? Young people have never had it so good...
- 10:04 Delays announced for Lancaster bridge repair work