Unhealthiest breakfasts on the high street revealed
A BIG breakfast at the weekend always seems like a good idea, whether it's to set you up for Saturday or to kick-start a lazy Sunday.
But do you know just how much salt, fat and other less-than-healthy ingredients you are actually consuming?
A new study has found that if you sit down to a Wetherspoons large breakfast - and we have The Blue Bell Inn in Oswald Road, Scunthorpe, and the White Horse at Brigg - you will have consumed more than double your daily intake of saturated fat and have exceeded your daily recommended salt amount by more than 300 per cent.
And it's a whopping 1,531... read more
- 11:47 How Coventry City should line up without this man at Stevenage -...
- 11:46 RUMOUR MILL: Allardyce or McInnes to take over at West Brom, while...
- 11:46 WEATHER WARNING: Strong winds set to batter our region
- 11:45 WEATHER WARNING: Strong winds set to batter our region
- 11:45 Best supplements for arthritis: These FOUR could be a natural CURE...
- 11:45 BREAKING: Wakefield Council scraps parking-charge plans across the...
- 11:45 England braced to be battered by 70mph winds as Met Office issues...
- 11:44 Primark is selling these cute Disney Christmas baby grows - and...
- 11:44 'This is why you don't see police around as much': 'Furious' police...
- 11:44 Something for everyone at Clitheroe Fairtrade market
- 11:44 This is how the National Lottery is set to change in 2018
- 11:42 Weather warning issued for Lancaster district
- 11:42 Motorcyclist injured in 'serious' crash near Beacon Hill Country...
- 11:41 Drug addict jailed after aggravated burglary at Mablethorpe shop
- 11:41 Holbeach are footy champs
- 11:40 Camelot plans changes to Lotto next year after drop in sales
- 11:40 Labour MPs angry after Pro-EU voters 'betrayed' by front bench
- 11:39 VIDEO: 100 firearms handed in during Derbyshire surrender
- 11:39 Who actually cares about the Budget? Eight reasons why the people...
- 11:39 Want to have a very merry Christmas? Here's what you need to do
- 11:39 National Lottery set for HUGE changes in 2018 - how it affects you
- 11:38 Boots hasn’t lowered the cost of the morning after pill, but is now...
- 11:38 St Annes' Easterleigh Animal Sanctuary still going strong
- 11:38 Dancers attempt to break world record in support of Children in Need
- 11:37 Three held in Gaia Pope investigation reveal why they were arrested
- 11:36 Dementia patients prescribed unnecessary drugs to keep them calm
- 11:36 What is happening in Zimbabwe? Timeline of how the coup unfolded
- 11:36 Louth Golf Club: Brackenbury wins Past Captains Trophy
- 11:36 Ed Sheeran and Stormzy nominated for scaled-back BBC Music Awards
- 11:35 Why you should already have put your Christmas decorations up at home