Uncontrollable pain and muscle weakness are symptoms of THIS incurable hereditary disease
The condition, called Charcot-Marie-Tooth, is a progressive disease - meaning it gets worse over time - and describes a set of condition which affect the peripheral nerves which control muscles and sensory information.
It can cause painful symptoms such as muscle weakness in the feet, ankles, legs and hands, arched or very flat feet or numbness in the arms, hands and feet.
It can also cause uncontrollable pain, chronic fatigue, unstable ankles, balance problems and falls.
But it is also hereditary.
Alison Leach, 37, from Bolton said she was concerned if she had a child that their condition... read more
- 08:05 Mark Hughes: Stoke robbed Liverpool with Joe Allen signing
- 08:05 Arsenal transfer target reveals he was taunted by current Emirates...
- 08:03 Your complete guide to 25 events this half-term
- 08:03 11 lost nightclubs of the 90s and 2000s
- 08:03 Top 10 streets for crime in North East Lincolnshire
- 08:03 Grieving families outraged at council decision to remove mementos...
- 08:03 Grimsby Town director John Fenty wants Paul Hurst to stay at the club
- 08:00 Andrew Percy: Now I'm the new Parks Minister!
- 08:00 Four In A Bed featuring Scunthorpe hotel to be aired on Channel 4
- 08:00 Your complete guide to 24 events this half-term
- 08:00 Scunthorpe United midfielder Josh Morris looks at different way of...
- 08:00 Perspective needed for Scunthorpe United after Oldham Athletic defeat
- 08:00 15 homes in North Lincolnshire that have been reduced the most
- 08:00 Ambulance service apologises for hour-long 999 delay after...
- 08:00 Derbyshire scientist creates test to predict likelihood of...
- 08:00 Town centre post office to shut before Christmas
- 08:00 Warwickshire duo claim titles at Horse of the Year show
- 08:00 Royal Mail reveals Christmas postage cut off dates - get organised...
- 07:59 Blackpool Victoria Hospital’s ‘thank-ewe’ to heart surgery patient
- 07:55 Cork city guide: what to see, plus the best bars, hotels and...
- 07:54 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte reveals Paul Pogba dreamed of returning...
- 07:54 Grimsby family celebrate latest addition - making them five...
- 07:54 Chelsea attacker Eden Hazard will lead revenge charge against...
- 07:54 Miracle baby born with half a heart is family's best Christmas present
- 07:53 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:49 Inquiry finds Syrian government forces responsible for third gas...
- 07:49 Iraqi army tries to take main Christian town near Mosul
- 07:47 Take note of these M56 closures if you're jetting off on holiday
- 07:45 Opinion column – Knight’s Days with Sir Greg Knight MP
- 07:42 Triple tragedy spurs on granddaughter's staggering £3.5k fundraiser