Uncle spared jail after stealing from nieces
A man who broke into his sister’s home and stole from his young nieces has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Peter Stead admitted burglary on the day of his trial was due to begin and sentence was adjourned until this month.
Liverpool Crown Court heard that 29-year-old Stead was at his sister’s home in Devon Street, Leigh on January 26 last year and she thought he was acting strangely possibly because of drugs.
They both left the house after locking it and when she returned that evening his sister Kirsty Stead found a pane of glass smashed in the back door which was ajar.
She... read more
- 00:31 M&S rides storm after clothing sales setback
- 00:31 City news: Ineos, RBS, Britain's car industry, Screwfix
- 00:29 Fly to the US for less than £100 as low-cost airline opens new...
- 00:28 Donations flood in for homeless heroes
- 00:25 The sex slaves of al-Shabab
- 00:23 Manchester attack: Everything we know about suicide bomber Salman...
- 00:22 Found at scene in Manchester: Detonator, Shrapnel and battery
- 00:22 Watch Europa League final highlights after Manchester United beat Ajax
- 00:22 Tiger Woods determined to play golf again but admits he faces at...
- 00:21 Here is everything we know so far about the Manchester tragedy
- 00:20 Manchester terror attack: Nuneaton property raided and man arrested
- 00:19 Churches and police join forces to help most vulnerable in Cumbria
- 00:18 Call for Leeds rail passengers to help protect vulnerable children
- 00:18 Drinking coffee may have protective effect against liver cancer,...
- 00:18 Patrick Mercer: Terrorism – we must protect those who protect us
- 00:18 YP Comment: Standing up to the forces of evil. Soldiers in a show...
- 00:17 Jose Mourinho: This striker could be at Manchester United next season
- 00:17 Manchester United told to go on epic spending spree: They need four...
- 00:16 The staggering number of abusive tweets sent to MPs
- 00:10 Last night's TV reviewed: Fair cops a force for good
- 00:10 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to name shock inclusion for Chelsea...
- 00:09 'I turned my dad's erotic novel into a hit podcast'
- 00:06 Coronation Street attacker reveal, killer exit and rape horror: 10...
- 00:05 Syrian army drives back Isis in surprise blitz offensive
- 00:05 Venezuela: Delayed regional elections after constitution rewrite
- 00:05 Philippines: Dirty Duterte may extend martial law
- 00:05 PCS: Serwotka presses for end to zero-hours
- 00:05 ‘Despicable’ Argos bosses refuse to talk to strikers
- 00:05 PCS: Civil servants will get behind Labour
- 00:05 Egypt blocks 21 websites, including Al Jazeera - state news agency