Unaccompanied Calais Jungle children arrive in UK ahead of camp demolition
Fourteen Calais Jungle children have been pictured arriving in the UK to be reunited with relatives ahead of the demolition of the French camp.
Officials stepped up their efforts this month to resettle the migrant children as plans to dismantle the Jungle get underway.
‘I apologise for my country’: Lily Allen weeps as she meets teen living in the Calais ‘jungle’ The youngsters, who are currently registering with the Home Office in Croydon, left the port in Northern France earlier today.
Dozens more children are expected to arrive in the UK this week after a team of British officials were... read more
- 00:07 Amazon sets mass layoffs at Quidsi products unit after losses
- 00:07 France starlet Kylian Mbappe receives ultimate compliment from...
- 00:07 Everton boss Ronald Koeman hails Seamus Coleman's attitude after...
- 00:04 American wonderkid Will Vint agrees to join Manchester United...
- 00:00 Video refs could be rolled out for EFL Cup
- 00:00 Insightful explorations of science fiction’s lengthy coming of age
- 00:00 Boyd with confidence
- 00:00 Radicalism obscured in gloom
- 00:00 RLIF backs nines cup for 2019
- 00:00 Astle’s family calls for Taylor to quit
- 00:00 Boycott put on ice after players win
- 00:00 Another corporate attack is looming
- 00:00 Labour members should be free to criticise Israel
- 00:00 Time for claimants’ voices to be heard nationally
- 00:00 Unite against neoliberalism
- 00:00 Ukraine: Polish consulate ‘attacked by terrorists’
- 00:00 EU leaders left bitter by Brexit ‘divorce’
- 00:00 South Africa: Zuma stays away from Kathrada’s funeral
- 00:00 Hospital workers to strike over zero-hours
- 00:00 40% cuts to legal aid have reduced system to ‘carnage’
- 00:00 NHS activists protest in York against health cut
- 23:59 'A leg-breaker', a headbutt, four sent off and Hibs boss Neil...
- 23:53 Mary Berry’s new ‘home happiness’ book will reveal her top secret...
- 23:52 Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 UPDATE: New trailer announcement from EA
- 23:50 Turkey ends Euphrates Shield military campaign in Syria
- 23:46 Everton shouldn't blame James McCarthy for injury setback, insists...
- 23:46 Rangers have agreed £350,000 deal for Billy Gilmour with Chelsea if...
- 23:46 PFA Scotland chairman John Rankin warns Scottish football’s...
- 23:44 Neil Lennon accuses Morton player of trying to break Hibs star's...
- 23:41 Road too small for houses