Ulverston woman to take the plunge for a good cause
Alison Cocksey, 43, of Devonshire Road, Ulverston, will take part in a tandem skydive to raise money for the Birchall Trust.
Ms Cocksey is hoping to raise £2,500 for the 25 years the charity has supported people in the area.
Since 1991 the Birchall Trust has been counselling women, men and children who have suffered sexual abuse.
Working as a counsellor for the trust, Ms Cocksey was inspired to do a skydive after witnessing the bravery of her clients.
She said: "I'm thinking about all those people I know from the charity. When I jump out of the plane, what I'm overcoming is nothing... read more
- 01:33 'Dominant' London and South East to expand economic presence
- 01:31 Cancer Drugs Fund 'huge waste of money'
- 01:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Friday
- 01:19 US border residents take sides on the wall
- 01:19 Venezuela opposition leader denounces 'savage repression'
- 01:11 Albion Rovers boss Darren Young shocked after being told by letter...
- 01:10 Take your Zuckerberg to work day! Facebook founder spends the day...
- 01:10 Do YOU speak Doggo? From pupperinos to woofers, researchers reveal...
- 01:10 The $30 BILLION race to create an AI sex doll that can chat and...
- 01:09 NFL Draft 2017: Stars reveal what it's really like entering the NFL
- 00:58 Vauxhall 'reckless' over Zafira fires, say MPs
- 00:58 Jailed marine Alexander Blackman freed from prison
- 00:57 Cumbria's premier education and learning awards launched
- 00:56 Skyscanner chief honoured at digital technology awards
- 00:55 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho accuses Sergio Aguero of...
- 00:50 Why 'breathing better' is the cure for hypertension
- 00:50 How sparkling water is wrecking your teeth: Gas in the drink is...
- 00:46 Risk of deeper involvement as U.S. weighs its options in Afghanistan
- 00:41 Future of cash: Can a 'bank in a box' replace a branch?
- 00:41 TED 2017: UK 'Iron Man' demonstrates flying suit
- 00:39 Rutherglen and Cambuslang Sports Council in search for new Chairperson
- 00:37 Viewpoint: Is inequality about to get unimaginably worse?
- 00:37 Could David Miliband return to UK politics in 2017?
- 00:37 Yorkshire’s voice will ‘definitely’ be heard at Brexit summit
- 00:36 ‘Mark should’ve been safe at work. Why did they let him die?’
- 00:35 ENERGY DRINK WARNING: Just ONE could trigger 'life threatening'...
- 00:35 Depression cure - THIS surprising therapy could be alternative to...
- 00:34 Mamadou Sakho injury latest: Sam Allardyce provides update on defender
- 00:34 Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez wants Mike Ashley to do this
- 00:33 Halifax woman charged with terror-related offences