Ulverston man denies spiking drink with heroin
Andrew Paul Makin of Larch Grove, Ulverston was charged with unlawfully and maliciously administering a poison or destructive or noxious thing with intent to injure and aggrieve another.
It is alleged that between July 2 and July 5 Makin administered the class A drug to the complainant.
The complainant died in July last year, weeks before they were to become a parent.
The 50-year-old made his first appearance at Furness Magistrates' court on September 8.
Makin appeared before Preson Crown Court yesterday, Friday October 7,
He denies giving the complainant heroin and will stand trial in... read more
- 01:33 Having a cracking time! Stylish Tallia Storm flashes her...
- 01:33 'We had a lovely chemistry': Brendan Cole reflects on close bond...
- 01:33 Celebrity Big Brother: Disgraced Dapper Laughs makes VERY lewd oral...
- 01:33 'He was the most terrifying character EVER!' Iconic Coronation...
- 01:33 Kim Kardashian slams Lamar Odom for visiting brothels after he...
- 01:33 Making a splash! Vampire Diaries star Nina Dobrev shows off very...
- 01:33 'Those pictures making me cry': Ewan McGregor's talented daughter...
- 01:30 Police and Crime Commissioner announces base share for Ripon's...
- 01:25 Adolescence now lasts from 10 to 24, scientists say
- 01:22 NHS bail-outs could become new normal, National Audit Office says
- 01:20 New Cleckheaton coaches eye winning start
- 01:19 Liverpool jail's severely ill inmates at substantial risk, says...
- 01:19 The Bollywood film breaking the taboo around periods
- 01:17 How Liverpool became the UK's 'worst jail'
- 01:11 Year in Provence author Peter Mayle dies, aged 78
- 01:05 Man Utd star Henrikh Mkhitaryan would be sensational at Arsenal -...
- 01:02 Police and Crime Commissioner announces base share for Ripon's...
- 00:59 PGA Tour: Jon Rahm reveals key behind career-best round
- 00:59 Breakthrough for the male birth control pill as scientists discover...
- 00:53 Will we ever be able to trust driverless cars?
- 00:53 MoD 'exposed financially' by carrier and jet programme
- 00:51 Coronation Street spoilers: Todd Grimshaw’s final exit revealed
- 00:50 Unique drone shots show how beautiful places look from above
- 00:47 Cancer blood test ‘enormously exciting’
- 00:44 ATM shake-up could leave many without cash, consumer group warns
- 00:37 Surviving cancer in a country with no radiotherapy machine
- 00:37 Why does South Korea matter so much to Bitcoin?
- 00:29 When working part-time isn't viable
- 00:29 Resting heart rate: What should it be? Abnormally fast rate is a...
- 00:29 Health update: Strong legs can help you walk into ripe old age