Ultra-left Labour under Corbyn risks one-party state, says Blair
The former Labour prime minister said it was "a tragedy" that the two choices facing the electorate were the Tories pursuing a hard Brexit and "an ultra-left Labour Party" which has "a set of policies that takes us back to the Sixties".
Mr Blair recently announced that he would be significantly scaling back his business empire in order to focus on charity work.
And, in an interview with Esquire magazine, he refused to rule out a return to politics.
Mr Blair said: "It's a tragedy for British politics if the choice before the country is a Conservative... read more
- 07:38 Questions over Preston nuclear jobs future as Westinghouse files...
- 07:36 Chesterfield Royal Hospital's new cancer centre to open this summer
- 07:36 Search for missing helicopter with 5 on board resumes after...
- 07:36 Vote in county elections
- 07:35 Police issue warning over thieves targeting vans
- 07:34 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:34 Takeaway shop on fire
- 07:34 £156m Man Utd striker swoops, major Chelsea dispute, Arsenal...
- 07:33 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:33 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 07:32 Toshiba's nuclear woes a hot ticket for bankruptcy financiers
- 07:32 TV, stage and film stars revealed for 2017 Festival No.6 lineup
- 07:32 West Brom news digest: Roy's boys; Foster's goodwill; Jose's...
- 07:32 Aston Villa news digest: Bruce's best player (it's a Blues man);...
- 07:32 Insurer Lloyd's of London confirms new Brussels base
- 07:32 Birmingham City news digest: Fabbrini on leaving; value of St...
- 07:32 Nikkei falls on pause in weak yen trend; chip-equipment makers firm
- 07:31 North Korea ‘could kill 90 per cent of Americans’ US intelligence...
- 07:31 BREAKING: Bomb squad seal off Malmo street over grenade fears
- 07:27 H&M Q1 profit tops forecast, to launch new brand in H2
- 07:27 Man shares multiple engagement photos to prove we don’t pay...
- 07:27 North Carolina 'bathroom' law: Deal reached on repeal
- 07:26 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:26 Cardiff uni study looks at coffee cup fee to cut single use
- 07:25 Live rush hour traffic, travel and news updates for Hull and East...
- 07:25 Tragedy of Dee Eskrett the nursery nurse who fell into drugs and...
- 07:25 Cars damaged in wrecking spree
- 07:24 Live: Drugs raids across Merseyside
- 07:23 PAULA SHERRIFF MP COLUMN: ‘Cuts to education are an appalling...
- 07:22 EU pulls plug on LSE’s merger with Deutsche Borse