Ultra-fast £190m broadband fund up for grabs
The government says it will distribute £190m of funding to help the roll-out of ultra-fast broadband across the UK.
Public bodies will now be able to apply for a share of the money, which is part of a £1bn fund first announced in 2016.
The aim is to offer speeds of up to 1Gbps to households and businesses with "full fibre" broadband.
However, critics have said the fund is a "drop in the ocean" compared with what it might cost to make full fibre the norm across the country.
Full fibre connections deliver faster internet speeds for consumers and businesses, by running... read more
- 15:11 Bassetlaw woman bought drugs at Christmas then forgot about them
- 15:10 Sheridan desperate for Fleetwood to end Highbury horror run against...
- 15:10 Search is on for lost north east memorials
- 15:10 In-form Fleetwood will have Cobblers boss Hasselbaink guessing
- 15:09 Changes to be made to bus stops and parking
- 15:09 FBI hunting for tattooed fugitive with DORK inked on his neck
- 15:08 Trophy success at double for cadets
- 15:08 Firm completes sale and leaseback deal
- 15:09 First World War hero George Peachment to be remembered in £8.5...
- 15:08 Thunder gets on board with Moody
- 15:08 Search is on for lost north east memorials
- 15:09 Magpie Recipe: Hake, wild mushroom, wild garlic & sherry cream
- 15:08 Prestigious award for franchisee
- 15:08 Training new generation of technologists
- 15:08 Two pharma companies collaborate
- 15:08 Containers given a new life on shore
- 15:07 Kirkby biker led cops on chase
- 15:07 Sutton man caught with drugs in motoring arrest
- 15:07 Thieves target ATM at Banbury Co-op 'with exploding foam'
- 15:07 Burton Albion players deliver coaching sessions at Stanton School...
- 15:06 Prison sentence quashed for Sutton Bridge man caught with indecent...
- 15:06 Manhunt launched after 59 burglaries across the region including...
- 15:06 Spen cadets know the drill
- 15:06 We think this teenager may have failed her driving test
- 15:05 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:05 Inspector Darren McKie guilty of wife's murder
- 15:05 Premier League big six transfer spend by position: Where has all...
- 15:05 Revealed: What these 6 common stomach pains mean and how to fix...
- 15:04 Prezzo to shut 94 restaurants with 500 jobs axed
- 15:04 Teenage asylum seeker jailed for life over Parsons Green Tube bomb