UKIP: Steven Woolfe resignation 'a side-issue'
UKIP's chairman has called the resignation of MEP Steven Woolfe from the party a "side-issue".
Paul Oakden also said it felt "let down" by the altercation after which Mr Woolfe had to be admitted to hospital.
UKIP's focus was now on finding a new leader to give it "fresh direction and fresh purpose", he told BBC One's Breakfast programme.
Mr Woolfe announced he was quitting UKIP on Monday, claiming the party was in a "death spiral".
He spent three nights in hospital earlier this month after a row at a meeting in the European Parliament in Strasbourg.... read more
- 00:17 Shadow chancellor John McDonnell accuses Tories of 'Bankers' Brexit'
- 00:17 West Ham Player Ratings: Who stole the show against Chelsea in EFL...
- 00:17 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic reacts to Manchester United EFL Cup draw
- 00:16 Were you duped by a Facebook video? Nasa confirms footage claiming...
- 00:16 The mystery of the 100,000 year cycle that plunges the Earth into...
- 00:16 Russia fires its radical hypersonic 'super nuke' warhead: Prototype...
- 00:14 Reality Check: Is UK still the world's fifth biggest economy?
- 00:13 Eddie Jones praises Tom Wood's work ethic after flanker's England...
- 00:10 How the Big Bang changed the City of London forever
- 00:10 Labour: Failed fraud-busters must pay victims
- 00:06 Syria: Erdogan ‘to drive YPG from Manbij’
- 00:06 Washington abstains from annual UN vote blasting its blockade
- 00:06 ‘Staggering failures’ in NHS Scotland reform as coasts soar
- 00:06 Venezuela: Right accelerates plan to oust Maduro
- 00:06 Rail workers to strike over ‘horrendous’ safety threats
- 00:06 Victim of domestic abuse ‘traumatised’ by court appearance
- 00:06 PM’s ‘cunning plan’ laughed at
- 00:06 Protesters call on Britain to ‘have a heart’
- 00:05 Patients must understand options, says Royal College of Surgeons
- 00:04 Teen seduced by his teacher accused of armed raid on home of woman...
- 00:04 David Goodwillie rape accuser was five times the drink-drive limit...
- 00:04 Disappearing Duarte: Where is Veracruz's governor?
- 00:00 Giroud’s return could be pivital to Arsenal’s fortunes
- 00:00 Rome film festival shows what British screens are missing
- 00:00 Loudon clear music and mirth
- 00:00 Breaking the silence
- 00:00 MMA all but outlawed in France due to new fight decree
- 00:00 Glenn calls for England to have psychologists
- 00:00 Burnham: Money ruining the game
- 00:00 Derided by the state today, heroes tomorrow