UKIP: Steven Woolfe resignation 'a side-issue'
UKIP's chairman has called the resignation of MEP Steven Woolfe from the party a "side-issue".
Paul Oakden also said it felt "let down" by the altercation after which Mr Woolfe had to be admitted to hospital.
UKIP's focus was now on finding a new leader to give it "fresh direction and fresh purpose", he told BBC One's Breakfast programme.
Mr Woolfe announced he was quitting UKIP on Monday, claiming the party was in a "death spiral".
He spent three nights in hospital earlier this month after a row at a meeting in the European Parliament in Strasbourg.... read more
- 09:36 Man attacked near Sheffield massage parlour still 'critical'
- 09:36 Morecambe theatre to host zoo party
- 09:36 Could you take on the ninja obstacle course that is coming to Leeds?
- 09:35 What work can you do to your home without planning permission?
- 09:35 Morocco World Cup 2026 bid faces up to fresh scrutiny as FIFA send...
- 09:35 Britain braced to be drenched by April showers after spring heatwave
- 09:35 Carlo Ancelotti has 'secret meeting' with Italy as he closes in on...
- 09:35 Carbon monoxide poison warning after three people were hospitalised
- 09:35 Brighouse company teaches children importance of learning first aid
- 09:35 Michael Owen’s Champions League & Europa League predictions,...
- 09:33 Severe disruption to Northern train services after incident between...
- 09:32 Plans for new Premier Inn on Scarborough waterpark site revealed
- 09:32 Corbyn must expel antisemites, says Holocaust survivor
- 09:31 Watch: What work can you do to your home WITHOUT planning permission?
- 09:31 'Hipster salty sea dog': Jacinda Ardern defends partner 'Clarke...
- 09:30 Britain’s Most Wanted list: sexual crimes
- 09:30 Sheffield killer facing life for shooting is no stranger to prison
- 09:30 Expansion planned at prominent Carlisle factory
- 09:30 Thousands of men put their lives at risk in Cumbria
- 09:30 Latest news from Seahouses WI
- 09:29 Drug dealing gang sentenced to more than 50 years
- 09:29 First store to open at Sheffield's newest retail park this week
- 09:29 Identiy of SNP consultant who met Cambridge Analytica revealed
- 09:28 Atletico Madrid dealt huge injury blow for Arsenal clash
- 09:28 Arsene Wenger critics are ‘stupid’… he’s not the real reason...
- 09:27 Campaigning Northampton pensioner calls on council to set up day...
- 09:26 Police investigating death of man found inside Batley house
- 09:25 Leeds office site wins wellbeing prize
- 09:25 ‘Without the Leeds trauma centre, I wouldn’t be here today’
- 09:25 Power cut hits 60 South Yorkshire homes