UKIP grouping denies misspending EU funds
A European Parliament group dominated by UKIP MEPs has denied claims it misspent EU funds on UK campaigns.
An audit leaked to Sky News said the Alliance for Direct Democracy in Europe broke rules because the funding must be spent on European Parliament business.
If the findings are upheld, the ADDE could be asked to repay about £150,000.
An ADDE spokesman accused the European Parliament of "harassment" over the audit and said most of the funds spent had been "fully eligible".
BBC correspondent Damian Grammaticas said the leaked audit showed that more than 500,615 euros... read more
- 17:21 ‘Yesterday my dream died’ – Claudio Ranieri releases heartbreaking...
- 17:21 Ant and Dec tease SM:TV Live reunion ahead of Saturday Night...
- 17:20 The Klitschkos of Doncaster: Gavin McDonnell bids to make history...
- 17:20 Claudio Ranieri is still smiling despite Leicester sacking as he...
- 17:20 Ancelotti: I don't usually agree with Man Utd boss Mourinho but he...
- 17:20 Uncovered: When Jose Mourinho called axed Leicester boss Claudio...
- 17:18 Funeral of Notts golf caddy to the stars to be held next month
- 17:18 10 city landlords fined nearly £30,000 as council cracks down
- 17:18 Emmerdale's Leah Bracknell left tearful as she says her cancer has...
- 17:18 Call The Midwife: FGM victim praises 'beautiful and sensitively...
- 17:18 Hundreds of jobs in doubt as Sainsbury's Stone warehouse to close
- 17:16 French jobless total rises marginally in January
- 17:16 SMTV: 7 things that MUST be in the anniversary special
- 17:15 Keith Wyness LIVE: Aston Villa CEO answers questions from supporters
- 17:15 Birmingham mum who killed her daughter allowed out into community
- 17:15 Warning as EXPLODING e-cigarette destroys bedroom at Black Country...
- 17:15 This Comic Relief trampoline sleepover is coming to Birmingham
- 17:15 See the dramatic moment a dog is rescued from sinkhole by firefighters
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John