UK watchdog says ICE will have to sell Trayport to preserve competition
Financial and commodity markets operator Intercontinental Exchange Inc (ICE.N) will have to sell commodities trading software house Trayport to preserve competition, Britain's competition watchdog said on Monday. bit.ly/2elcJZN
ICE, which beat arch-rival CME Group (CME.O) to buy London-based Trayport in December for $650 million, said it was disappointed with the divestiture ruling and would consider an appeal.
Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said in August that it may revoke the takeover to avoid reducing competition in European energy trading markets.
(Reporting by Noor... read more
- 07:27 Indyref2: SNP ‘must be realistic’ on economy to win vote
- 07:26 Nikkei tumbles as safe-haven yen surges on Trump healthcare defeat
- 07:25 Fire crews called to college twice in one night
- 07:25 Cheryl’s mum Joan ‘moving into Cheryl and Liam Payne’s love nest to...
- 07:24 Voice your concerns about village plan
- 07:23 Lionel Messi demands Barcelona sign these players: Cristiano...
- 07:19 SLIDESHOW: Blackpool 2 Hartlepool United 1: Pools fans slideshow
- 07:18 Kirsty Gunn: A good deal more worthy than pandering to politics
- 07:18 Lincoln man appears in new Channel 5 documentary
- 07:18 At last! Town to finally get skate park after 11 year wait
- 07:18 Lincolnshire hotel set to be transformed into special school
- 07:18 Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez eyes incredible Premier League signing
- 07:17 Everything you need to know about the new £1 coin
- 07:17 How Hull mum's love for kids helped her break free from prostitution
- 07:17 Princes Quay shopping centre reveals new-look entrances to help...
- 07:17 Hull KR's Jamie Ellis disappointed to not break world record
- 07:17 Live as Radio 1 reveals Big Weekend Hull ticket release date
- 07:17 Curb supermarket discounts on salty, fatty foods: MPs demand tough...
- 07:16 Edinburgh’s Exova confirms three takeover approaches
- 07:16 WEATHER: Sheffield set for more sunshine this afternoon
- 07:16 News report on a loop
- 07:15 Theresa May pledges to ‘strengthen Union’ as Brexit looms
- 07:13 Man City news and transfer rumours LIVE Gabriel Jesus injury latest...
- 07:11 Former Liverpool star: I took half the money to join Reds over...
- 07:10 £50k repairs for ‘at risk’ Trentham Mausoleum
- 07:10 Door smashed and more than £850 of products taken from Toni & Guy...
- 07:11 Man rescued from blaze in South Yorkshire flat
- 07:10 Shock as Hanley RBS bank to open just two days a week
- 07:10 The Trentham Estate has new and improved adventure playground
- 07:10 Police called to former Mitchell High School 30 times to deal with...