UK tourists in Thailand advised to 'respect' mourning
British tourists in Thailand have been advised to "behave respectfully" and dress in "sombre" clothing while the country mourns King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
Thailand has entered a one-year period of mourning following the death of the 88-year-old monarch.
In updated advice, the Foreign Office said on Thursday that people should "respect the feelings and sensitivities" of the Thai people.
It said access to entertainment venues may be limited.
The FCO issued updated travel advice after the death of King Bhumibol, saying: "Following the official announcement of... read more
- 12:22 Tory MP Nick Boles reveals new cancer fight
- 12:22 Gender pay gap falls to 20-year low of 9.4%
- 12:22 Making money for Macmillan at Kirkby on Bain
- 12:22 Stanks Island revamp set for later next year
- 12:22 Harvest at Bucknall
- 12:21 Police launch appeal to find seven men in connection with trouble...
- 12:21 Alex Iwobi's nerves are holding him back in front of goal, says...
- 12:22 FA invests in new grassroots football project
- 12:21 The huge hack that took down big bits of the internet is ‘easy to...
- 12:21 John Lewis, Oliver Bonas and Very Exclusive: Accessories we want...
- 12:21 England women draw inspiration for Spain win by meeting up with...
- 12:21 You can get flights for £2 – but you have to book today
- 12:21 Nathaniel Chalobah only made his Chelsea debut this season after...
- 12:21 Child car seats recalled over safety fears
- 12:21 Northern Powerhouse 'all but cancelled' say Labour MPs
- 12:21 More trains for Hartlepool’s Christmas shoppers
- 12:20 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:20 President Obama ridiculed on Snapchat by daughter Sasha
- 12:19 Multi-agency effort to tackle underage drinking in Alnwick
- 12:19 Simulating wildfires through technology
- 12:18 Prisoner goes missing
- 12:18 Wheels come off as Boxing Day pram race gets the push
- 12:18 Lancashire MP in battle against money laundering
- 12:18 Hartlepool United's season and Craig Hignett's reign in numbers
- 12:18 Under the Radar: The Blet Project
- 12:18 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:18 Book review: Autumn, by Ali Smith
- 12:18 Two men fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:17 Court round-up: Grantham area defendants brought before magistrates