UK to provide £5m in aid to Hurricane Matthew victims in Haiti
Britain will give up to £5 million of initial aid to help those affected by Hurricane Matthew in Haiti.
Almost 300 people have died and more than 350,000 have been affected after 145mph winds savaged the Caribbean country.
Temporary shelters, water purification kits and solar lights from the UK will arrive in Haiti in the next few days to help 12,500 of the most vulnerable people.
Experts from the Department for International Development (DfID) are already in the region helping UN and NGO partners address the country's most pressing needs.
International development secretary Priti Patel... read more
- 04:21 China urges U.S. to conduct fair probe into aluminium foil imports
- 04:20 Superstar: I'm in talks with Manchester United
- 04:18 Tottenham confident of summer deal for Liverpool target: Source...
- 04:12 UFC News: McGregor on Diaz trilogy fight, Bisping gives St-Pierre...
- 04:09 Manchester United ace to play key part in convincing star to snub...
- 04:03 Brazil 3-0 Paraguay: Neymar, Marcelo and Philippe Coutinho on the...
- 04:02 Floyd Mayweather admits he respects Conor McGregor's confidence...
- 04:01 Former Mexican ruling party governor wanted over embezzlement
- 03:54 Nintendo Switch games list UPDATE: Psyonix talk Rocket League plans...
- 03:53 Man quizzed over death of British woman at Australian strip club
- 03:51 Nikkei edges down in choppy trade as ex-dividend adjustment weighs
- 03:51 China says Taiwan man being investigated for endangering state
- 03:45 Asia stocks gains with dollar, sterling hit by Brexit woes
- 03:29 Vote to repeal U.S. broadband privacy rules sparks interest in VPNs
- 03:28 Emmerdale spoiler: Laurel set to spiral back into alcoholism after...
- 03:24 Video: Philippe Coutinho scores stunning goal for Brazil vs Paraguay
- 03:17 World War 3? Kim Jong-un may be in 'FINAL STAGES' of preparing for...
- 03:15 Samsung prepares to unveil new flagship smartphone
- 03:15 Mark Duggan family to learn result of inquest verdict challenge
- 03:15 Royal tour of Europe coincides with triggering of Article 50
- 03:07 Oil rises on Libyan supply disruptions, likely OPEC output cut...
- 03:06 Chelsea plan £300,000-a-week contract offer for Eden Hazard
- 02:58 SK Hynix in talks with Japanese investors for joint Toshiba chip...
- 02:49 President Donald Trump's seven most shocking views
- 02:42 China loses most of WTO poultry challenge, scores small win over EU
- 02:42 Volkswagen supervisory board backs Stadler, top managers
- 02:40 Tottenham ‘confident’ they have beaten Chelsea in race for...
- 02:28 PARIS IN FLAMES: Protests continue for second night after police...
- 02:23 Paraguay Congress wrestles again with presidential re-election law
- 02:11 Heartbroken Katie Waissel claims estranged husband has been...