UK third quarter GDP confirmed at 0.5%
The UK economy grew by 0.5% in the third quarter, official figures have confirmed, helped by export growth and stronger consumer spending.
In its second estimate of the health of the economy, the Office for National Statistics also says business investment grew by more than expected.
That was up 0.9% following the Brexit vote, against the second quarter, although it was down on last year.
There will be a third estimate of the figures in December.
"Investment by businesses held up well in the immediate aftermath of the EU referendum, though it's likely most of those investment decisions... read more
- 06:52 A15 closed for 4.5miles because of jackknifed lorry and accident
- 06:52 Sam Allardyce fears the worst at Crystal Palace: Boss worried he...
- 06:52 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Contract update for...
- 06:51 Unlicensed driver sped off from police at retail park
- 06:51 Shivering bowls teams walk out of Spalding’s “freezing” Castle...
- 06:51 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- 06:49 Teenager assaulted in Daventry park
- 06:49 'Pathalogical' hate of Carlisle man fuels threats from young mum
- 06:47 Heather Watson stuns 18th seed Sam Stosur to earn shock Australian...
- 06:47 Liverpool ready to chance it with Joel Matip: Kop star could play...
- 06:46 Smash causes traffic delays on A19 in Sunderland
- 06:46 Pictures as hundreds turn out to bid farewell to Amber Rose Cliff
- 06:46 Man arrested in connection with Sunderland petrol station robbery
- 06:46 Can you help Madison get a new wheelchair?
- 06:42 Former Blackhall chimney sweep’s latest bus pass challenge is...
- 06:42 $esc.html($content.name)
- 06:42 Hartlepool Rovers coach steps down following poor league run
- 06:40 Italian firm creating 100 jobs in North Staffs has now bought...
- 06:40 700 residents back campaign for Blurton crossing after OAP's death
- 06:37 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:37 New Year's Eve reveller ordered to pay £1,000 compensation after...
- 06:37 Protestors to gather in Birmingham against Trump's inauguration
- 06:37 The shameful surge in child cruelty in Birmingham
- 06:37 Revealed: People in West Midlands pay more income tax than the...
- 06:36 Twisted Scottish coach to be booted out Australia after tricking...
- 06:36 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 17
- 06:36 South Korean prosecutor says to question Park by early February
- 06:34 Ilona Amos: Steps must be taken to slash toxic fumes and save lives
- 06:34 Rafael Nadal bags straight sets victory over Florian Mayer to move...
- 06:34 Kyle Edmund powers into the second round with 6-2, 7-5, 6-3 victory...