UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 18
Oct 18 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 18 to 28 points, or as much as 0.4 percent higher on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. * The UK blue chip index closed down 0.9 percent on Monday at 6,947.55, led lower by publisher Pearson after it said market conditions continued to be challenging. * BHP: Miner BHP Billiton's chief executive, Andrew Mackenzie, said what Britain needs is a "hard-headed Brexit", which would maintain trade relations with the European Union and place the focus on minimising bureaucracy as much as on keeping tariffs low. * RBS: Royal Bank... read more
- 18:56 Owners not aware of 'epidemic' of trespassing at derelict Sheffield...
- 18:56 ALFIE LATEST: Judge asks for options over poorly tot's treatment
- 18:54 Director of Pateley accountancy firm thanks firefighters following...
- 18:54 Has Kim Kardashian taken it too far? Fans gobsmacked as star verges...
- 18:52 Yorkshire Paedophile hunters make public apology for falsely...
- 18:52 We have to stop the deadly trade in arms
- 18:52 Windrush scandal: Albert Thompson gets cancer treatment date
- 18:51 Canada developing quantum radar to detect stealth aircraft
- 18:48 Iran threatens to withdraw from nuclear weapons treaty
- 18:48 Experiments show we quickly adjust to seeing everything upside-down
- 18:47 Owners not aware of 'epidemic' of trespassing at derelict Sheffield...
- 18:46 Trains back to normal after accident at level crossing
- 18:45 Canelo Alvarez is a 'cheat' who should never fight again after his...
- 18:42 Zlat meets Jack! Zlatan Ibrahimovic poses with boxer Badou Jack and...
- 18:42 Alfie Evans latest - judge asks doctors about 'other options' but...
- 18:42 Manchester City starlet Oleksandr Zinchenko takes in Barcelona sun...
- 18:42 Arsenal News: Gunners hero reveals who must replace Arsene Wenger
- 18:36 Director of Pateley accountancy firm thanks firefighters following...
- 18:36 Major National Space Centre revamp begins, this is what's changing
- 18:33 Waffle House shooting: police alerted to car theft days before assault
- 18:30 Police investigating sex attack want to speak to John Bennett
- 18:30 Brexit: May's 'customs partnership' idea cretinous, says Rees-Mogg
- 18:27 Pupils’ pop-up restaurant
- 18:27 'I know he loved me' - Barrow mum on losing her son to drug addiction
- 18:27 EastEnders spoilers: Linda Carter will be excited about the arrival...
- 18:27 Council backs anti-Semitism pledge
- 18:27 What is Alfie Evans's bran condition exactly and why has it been so...
- 18:22 President Trump cleans dandruff off Emmanuel Macron's shirt collar
- 18:22 End doubts over diesel's future, says Ford boss
- 18:18 Explosives scare: Full story as bomb squad cordon off Coventry suburb