UK's FTSE 100 seen edging lower over the coming year
Britain's top shares index is expected to lose ground over the coming year, a Reuters poll found, amid concerns over Britain's exit from the European Union and the path of interest rates.
Jitters before November's U.S presidential election, pitting Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Donald Trump, are expected to add pressure to stock markets in coming weeks.
The Reuters poll of around 30 traders, fund managers and strategists gave a median end-2016 forecast for the FTSE 100 of 6,800 points, a decline to 6,750 points by June 2017 and then a gain to 7,000 points by the end of 2017.... read more
- 18:11 More than 400 jobs to go at Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank
- 18:11 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:10 Teenager charged after youngster stabbed at Swedish 'no-go zone'...
- 18:10 ‘Robert Mugabe to die on October 17 2017’ Zimbabwean priest...
- 18:10 'Muslims should not wear burka in public’, says Australian Premier...
- 18:10 Rape-proof knickers created in wake of Cologne sex attacks SELL OUT...
- 18:10 Done Deal: Chelsea striker makes switch away from Stamford Bridge
- 18:09 WATCH: Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 18:09 Latest court results from the Ilkeston area
- 18:09 Woman hurt after car crashes into a hedge
- 18:09 Friends of St Cross make dream start to sleep fundraiser
- 18:08 Meet the four-legged new arrivals set to keep North East nature...
- 18:08 Dad who broke his back in seven places after horror motorbike crash...
- 18:08 Holocaust to be marked with a series of events across the North East
- 18:08 Theresa May accused of betraying the North East over total Brexit plan
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...
- 18:05 Patrick Bamford seals return to Middlesbrough as Chelsea make £8.5m...
- 18:05 FIA give approval for sale for Formula One to Liberty Media as...
- 18:05 Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup LIVE: Plus Newcastle v Birmingham and...
- 18:04 Hedderman happy to win ugly against Enville
- 18:04 James Haskell likely to make first Wasps start since May in Zebre
- 18:04 Hull mum Kerry Clarkson jailed for smuggling 38 Diazepam tablets...
- 18:00 Quick-thinking ambulance staff help avert M6 disaster near Coventry
- 18:00 Mansfield man took claw hammer to pub to protect brother