UK's FTSE 100 seen edging lower over the coming year
Britain's top shares index is expected to lose ground over the coming year, a Reuters poll found, amid concerns over Britain's exit from the European Union and the path of interest rates.
Jitters before November's U.S presidential election, pitting Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Donald Trump, are expected to add pressure to stock markets in coming weeks.
The Reuters poll of around 30 traders, fund managers and strategists gave a median end-2016 forecast for the FTSE 100 of 6,800 points, a decline to 6,750 points by June 2017 and then a gain to 7,000 points by the end of 2017.... read more
- 11:34 Trading standards warn over illegally-imported puppies
- 11:34 Stabbing in Webster Street, Derby - our full report from the scene
- 11:34 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:34 Dramatic scenes as bungling car thieves crashed vehicle catches...
- 11:32 Film reviews: Hero or villain?
- 11:32 Bridge academies are falling down
- 11:32 The West’s policies towards Islamic countries backfire spectacularly
- 11:33 Christmas hair video tutorial: Here’s how to create a Christmas...
- 11:32 The elephant in the room
- 11:32 Hypocrisy over Saudi Arabia
- 11:32 World in brief: Friday December 9 2016
- 11:32 South Korea’s President Park faces impeachment charge
- 11:32 Assad: Winning Aleppo siege is a landmark moment
- 11:33 Campaign to build bridge over ‘danger bypass’ after accident
- 11:32 Southern strike is back on track
- 11:32 Anti-poverty group takes aim at CDC
- 11:32 Top judges wrap up Brexit hearing
- 11:32 Christmas comes early at South Tyneside’s newest visitor attraction
- 11:32 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:32 City centre Victorian church could be turned into bar or restaurant
- 11:32 Christmas message sent to supporters of policeman with cancer
- 11:32 Consultations to be held over closure of Wainfleet surgery
- 11:32 Police to contact MP Michelle Thomson over rape ordeal at 14
- 11:31 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:31 Coming together to share happy memories at Harrogate’s Light up a...
- 11:31 Louth man, 63, admits stealing cash from Jacksons Butchers
- 11:30 Greg Cunningham: exclusive PNE column
- 11:29 When Santa got stuck in the mineshaft
- 11:29 Tamworth ABC's Ryan Hatton is crowned national champion for the...
- 11:29 China: Xi calls for stricter ideological control of universities