UK's ex-integration tsar says £50m pledge not enough to 'heal nation'
The UK government’s former integration tsar Louise Casey has said it will take more than its £50m pledge of funding over two years to boost integration in Britain, saying it will take more to “heal the nation”.
An integration green paper, launched by Sajid Javid on Wednesday, is set to include measures to boost English-language skills and proposals to require schools whose pupils come from a single ethnic or religious community to ensure they mix with children from other backgrounds.
In the paper, the government said it estimated 770,000 people in England spoke the language poorly or not at... read more
- 06:04 José Abreu: Founder of world renowned El Sistema music project dies
- 06:02 F1 LIVE: Australian Grand Prix
- 06:02 Urgent appeal after battery thought to be responsible for second...
- 05:59 Australian Grand Prix LIVE: Updates as Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian...
- 05:59 Liverpool legend makes huge comparison between Mohamed Salah and...
- 05:45 Liverpool star Joe Gomez reveals the former Man Utd star he wants...
- 05:45 Masters: Rory McIlory grateful for extra rest after WGC Match Play...
- 05:45 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho wants to AXE Paul Pogba: Real Madrid...
- 05:45 Chelsea and Arsenal on red alert after Thomas Tuchel turns down...
- 05:45 Liverpool news: Mohamed Salah makes Real Madrid transfer decision...
- 05:45 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho backed to beat troubles: ‘He is best...
- 05:42 Australian Grand Prix, F1 LIVE: Lewis Hamilton aims to win opening...
- 05:35 Worksop drink driver took off at speed
- 05:32 NATIONAL PUPPY DAY: Your photos of your four-legged friends
- 05:32 Bassetlaw man faces crown court for police escape and stealing...
- 05:16 Why brave police dogs deserve better legal protection
- 04:58 Bassetlaw woman bought drugs at Christmas then forgot about them
- 04:58 Kirkby biker led cops on chase
- 04:54 Atrocious result against Norway does not bode well for Socceroos
- 04:53 Gossip Girl actor Ed Westwick denies rape accusation
- 04:53 The Walking Dead: season 8, episode 13 recap – Do Not Send Us Astray
- 04:33 Nurses 'to join call for axeing of all time limits on abortion'...
- 04:29 Formula 1 is back - without the grid girls
- 04:27 Sheffield men are putting on high heels for charity
- 04:18 Kirkby biker led cops on chase
- 04:18 Sutton man caught with drugs in motoring arrest
- 04:18 NATIONAL PUPPY DAY: Your photos of your four-legged friends
- 04:13 Hinch welcomes Coalition's paedophile crackdown as tax talks continue
- 03:53 Bishop of Durham 'deeply concerned' over universal credit plan
- 03:53 Doris Shelley: 'Interesting' lead in Martlesham 1993 murder case