UK pledges £3m in anti-cholera drive in hurricane-hit Haiti
As part of the package, the UK is supporting the shipment of one million doses of the vaccine for the deadly disease to the island, the Department for International Development (Dfid) said.
International Development Secretary Priti Patel said: "As the death toll rises and the scale of this devastating hurricane becomes evident, the UK is continuing to do everything it can to help all those affected by this tragedy.
"With the threat of a major cholera spike growing, global Britain will play its part to ensure expertise and support can make a real difference to people in urgent... read more
- 15:44 Children raise money for NSPCC Scotland
- 15:44 Initial work starts on Whitley Bay promenade
- 15:43 New budget test puts UK on front line in global drug price fight
- 15:43 UBS merges leadership in wealth management product factory
- 15:42 Heroes and villains assemble for Leamington Comic Con 2017
- 15:41 The mystery of the 'vanishing' car in A180 layby
- 15:40 You'll never guess which Hollywood star was TURNED DOWN for the...
- 15:39 Man City shirt for next season 'revealed'
- 15:37 South Africa's Gordhan to arrive back home on Tuesday morning -...
- 15:37 Music on the metro - Moscow commuters enjoy live performances
- 15:37 Gold coin worth $4 million stolen from Berlin museum
- 15:37 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Sheffield
- 15:37 Cumbria police and crime commissioner launches youth commission group
- 15:37 Controlled burning in Ulverston
- 15:37 South Sudan attack 'could hinder aid deliveries'
- 15:37 Body found in suitcase in Italian port of Rimini
- 15:35 Sheffield young composers join forces with Music in the Round
- 15:35 Same old story as Ashington lose
- 15:35 Nigeria v Burkina Faso friendly cancelled: London fixture off after...
- 15:34 Ex-training partner lifts lid on Georges St-Pierre's return to UFC...
- 15:34 Jail for rapist who broke into woman's house as she slept
- 15:34 Chelsea beat host of Premier League rivals to secure deal for...
- 15:33 Academy backtracks on library ban
- 15:33 Let there be neon light: Tate Britain unveils 'drawing in space'
- 15:31 REVEALED: How to tell if your PC or Mac has been HACKED
- 15:31 London terror attacker ‘drove at 76mph’ as he aimed car at victims...
- 15:31 What will happen after Article 50 is triggered?
- 15:30 Delayed...again - but new hope is on the horizon for an end to A590...
- 15:30 How parents are refusing to let their children play out until THIS age
- 15:30 Mum can't take three-year-old to Coventry park because of burnt out...