UK pledges £3m in anti-cholera drive in hurricane-hit Haiti
The UK Government has pledged an extra £3 million to stamp out cholera in Haiti in the wake of the devastating Hurricane Matthew.
As part of the package, the UK is supporting the shipment of one million doses of the vaccine for the deadly disease to the island, the Department for International Development (Dfid) said.
International Development Secretary Priti Patel said: "As the death toll rises and the scale of this devastating hurricane becomes evident, the UK is continuing to do everything it can to help all those affected by this tragedy.
"With the threat of a major cholera... read more
- 08:03 Outsourcer Mitie replaces finance chief as it issues another profit...
- 08:03 Premier Foods lowers year profit forecast after weak third quarter
- 08:01 Chelsea done deal: Player leaks news he's signed Blues contract
- 08:01 Ander Herrera turns up at Juan Mata's house before training… and...
- 08:00 Manchester United star reacts to extending Old Trafford stay
- 08:00 Drink-driver could be sent to jail after breaching suspended sentence
- 07:59 Sheffield residents urged to be vigilant after spate of burglaries
- 07:59 WARNING: South Yorkshire residents targeted in 'Migrant Helpline' scam
- 07:59 Acclaimed artist links up with school for new project
- 07:59 Grant Thorold Library set to get major improvements thanks to huge...
- 07:58 1000 holidaymakers flown home from Gambia amid unrest fears
- 07:57 Woman raped by 'Daddy' as a child only discovered monster WASN'T...
- 07:57 FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted: The nightmarish tales of America's most...
- 07:57 Drink-driver could be sent to jail after breaching suspended sentence
- 07:56 Sheffield mum wants your help to find muggers who beat son...
- 07:56 Rotherham hospital
- 07:56 God bless the NHS
- 07:56 A tale of two MPs
- 07:56 The rogue traders
- 07:56 JD Wetherspoon sees higher costs, lower sales
- 07:56 WARNING: South Yorkshire residents targeted in 'Migrant Helpline' scam
- 07:56 Credit checker Experian says third quarter revenue up, keeps full...
- 07:56 Did you belong to any scooter clubs?
- 07:56 Small number of £2 coins could be worth a fortune thanks to a mistake
- 07:56 Anthony Joshua swamped by vile anti-Muslim Twitter abuse after...
- 07:56 Battle between prams and wheelchairs on buses to be resolved
- 07:56 Alexis Sanchez: I love playing with Mesut Ozil but he mustn't worry...
- 07:56 Nate Diaz applying for boxing license in Nevada
- 07:55 Community in a state of shock over death of teenage girl in Dinnington
- 07:55 Sheffield residents urged to be vigilant after spate of burglaries