UK minister says getting best Brexit deal for banks an "absolute priority"
Getting the best deal for the City of London will be an "absolute priority" in Brexit trade talks with the European Union, Britain's financial services minister said on Tuesday, promising to engage constructively with the industry.
Banks are worried that their ability to offer services across the EU from a base in London will end once Britain leaves the EU, crimping the City of London's role as the world's top financial centre.
Financial services minister Simon Kirby said maintaining Britain as a top financial centre was an "absolute priority" for the government,... read more
- 15:53 Jose Mourinho admits he will not end career at Manchester United as...
- 15:53 Huge military helicopter buzzes Sheffield - AGAIN!
- 15:52 Journey's end for banned driver whose wheel rolled away along the...
- 15:51 Crash between car and motorbike causing travel problems in Spondon
- 15:51 Drunk plane passenger dragged off easyJet flight and tackled to...
- 15:50 Emergency services called to crash between car and bus in Lincoln
- 15:49 Fears grow for missing Skipton woman after 72 hours without contact
- 15:48 World's largest gambling hub ramps up security at amid fears of Las...
- 15:48 Notts emergency services train for serious road crash
- 15:48 Ashley Young: Manchester United would be bonkers to not give Jose...
- 15:48 Rugby players Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding to stand trial for rape
- 15:47 Jose Mourinho aims dig at Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren over...
- 15:47 WITH VIDEO: Going, going gone...
- 15:46 How you can get a job working as a PIZZA TASTER
- 15:46 Tamworth FC legend Dale Belford lands new manager's job
- 15:46 #saynotohate during National Hate Crime week
- 15:46 Lane closed on major Rugby road
- 15:46 Alex Palmer: Profiling the West Brom goalkeeper who could debut...
- 15:46 Halloween safety advice issued by Warwickshire Police
- 15:46 New artefacts at Battle of Edgehill exhibition for 375th anniversary
- 15:45 These are the most valuable old £1 coins
- 15:45 24-hour drug line trio locked up for 16 years
- 15:45 The quackery cures of yesteryear: From doctors giving women orgasms...
- 15:45 Would you buy one? £22 Piqapoo device clips on to your dog's tail...
- 15:44 Resort piers put on global protection list
- 15:44 The reason Apprentice losers always leave wearing scarves and coats
- 15:44 Former Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas joins Neighbours
- 15:44 Liam Gallagher waded into the Brexit debate in the most perfect way...
- 15:44 Catford park murder: Longer sentence for lost shoe boy killer
- 15:44 Aldi is now selling gin and tonic mince pies