UK might have to pay into EU even after Brexit
It’s believed that Britain might have to make large payments to the EU in order to secure trading terms following the public vote to Brexit.
In the run up to the EU referendum, the Vote Leave campaign pledged to donate £350 million it claimed was being sent to the EU to the NHS instead – a promise which was later labelled a mistake by Nigel Farage on live TV.
David Cameron has got a new job Now, officials in Whitehall believe the UK will be required to pay a considerable amount to secure trading terms after we leave the EU.
An unnamed cabinet minister told Newsnight that the UK may end up... read more
- 18:14 Fed may need to raise interest rates in 'near future': Kaplan
- 18:12 Huddersfield Royal Infirmary nurses terrified by man's strange...
- 18:12 Quarter of new Leicester school places are in poor or average schools
- 18:12 Ice weather warning for Leicester as Storm Ewan sweeps across the...
- 18:12 Ander Herrera: This is what Zlatan Ibrahimovic does to the Man...
- 18:12 Sue’s wing walk will raise cash for hospital
- 18:12 Yorkshire anglers take top prizes at beach fishing event
- 18:11 Surf Snowdonia to host first ever music festival
- 18:11 Cheap flights 2017: Monarch SLASHES fares to Rome to just £29 one way
- 18:10 Barclays brings in former Bradford & Bingley director and Debenhams...
- 18:10 Arsonist fuelled by cocktail of drugs set fire to Wirral home over...
- 18:09 Newcastle newsagents facing alcohol bid backlash as vicar fears...
- 18:06 Winsford clock tower roof blown off in Storm Doris
- 18:06 Body of burned dog found in Branston field
- 18:06 Man, 20, denies alleged serious assault in Nelson Street, Swadlincote
- 18:06 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 18:06 Sir John Major attacks 'unreal' Brexit vision
- 18:05 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 18:05 Eight facts about Pancake Day
- 18:02 Van driver holds cigarette in one hand and phone in the other
- 18:02 Monday Night Football LIVE: Liverpool could leapfrog Arsenal with...
- 18:02 Tributes to teenager who died just 11 days after brain tumour...
- 18:02 F1 testing 2017: Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes fastest as Red Bull and...
- 18:02 Doorman Daniel Fox died after being stabbed in chest following...
- 18:02 The way Andrew Garfield looked at ex-girlfriend Emma Stone during...
- 18:01 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 18:01 Boy taken to hospital after town centre fight
- 18:01 Eight facts about Pancake Day
- 18:00 Derbyshire drivers facing £100 hike in insurance bills
- 17:59 Daimler picks U.S. trucks chief to replace Bernhard