UK manufacturing output at highest level since June 2014
Output in Britain's manufacturing sector reached its highest level for more than two years as the industry continued to bounce back from a post-Brexit vote slump.
The closely watched Markit/CIPS UK Manufacturing purchasing managers' index (PMI) said output hit 55.4 last month, up from 53.4 in August, and above economist expectations of 52.1.
A reading above 50 indicates growth.
The move means output hit its highest level since June 2014 in September and shows a marked improvement since it dropped to 48.3 in July, the first month after Britain voted to leave the European Union.
Rob Dobson,... read more
- 17:08 Police are investigating several incidents including break-ins and...
- 17:08 Water works exhibition for public
- 17:06 Taking ketamine ‘could help alcoholics quit booze’, experts claim
- 17:06 Ben Gerraghty arrested and charged with robbery and wounding
- 17:06 What to do if your child has got the hacking cough - and what to avoid
- 17:06 Thousands of south Cumbria residents respond to National Grid's...
- 17:05 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks recover, dollar steadies as investors eye...
- 17:05 Bulgaria former parliamentary speaker to be appointed as interim PM...
- 17:05 Trump signs orders advancing Keystone, Dakota pipelines
- 17:05 Female Focus: Lily Corry (Prestatyn)
- 17:05 Pokemon Duel released in UK TODAY - here's all you need to know
- 17:05 Saudi Aramco asks banks to pitch for world's largest share sale
- 17:04 West Ham fans you won't believe what Dimitri Payet has just done in...
- 17:04 Liverpool transgender campaigner 'drowned after falling in to marina'
- 17:03 Don Frye expects WWE star Brock Lesnar to return to the UFC despite...
- 17:02 Ex-Wolves striker Michael McIndoe questioned by fraud detectives
- 17:02 Cadbury strikes Premier League partnership deal
- 17:02 Sports Direct welcome jailing of people traffickers
- 17:02 Aston Villa transfer update: James Bree and Conor Hourihane latest
- 17:02 These two internationals are set for Liverpool deals - journalist
- 17:02 Tube Strike: RMT announces walkout on two underground lines
- 17:01 Council tax to rise in Derbyshire to bring in extra £11million
- 17:01 Derbyshire man accused of murder appears at crown court with...
- 17:00 Miners lift FTSE into positive territory as BT slumps
- 16:59 Most optimistic Self Assessment expense claims
- 16:58 The future of the Robin Hood Legacy is secured after support from...
- 16:58 Notts firm Proludic on how it became UK's No.1 outdoor gym supplier
- 16:58 Knives held to victims' throats in Aspley robbery
- 16:57 Coronation Street spoilers: David Platt faces court over the car...
- 16:57 Patrice Evra is a transfer target for Marseille as former...