UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 08:27 Britain's McBride sees challenging second half, keeps FY outlook
- 08:27 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 The Hoosiers and Toploader headline Tidal Waves Beach Festival at...
- 08:26 Twenty-year-old Bethany set to release fourth book in two years
- 08:26 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:26 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:25 Drug needles found in Sheffield street
- 08:25 Jim Duffy: Searching for that spark of leadership
- 08:24 Letter: How much longer do taxpayers have to be at bottom of the list?
- 08:25 Kei Nishikori stunned at Rio Open by Thomaz Bellucci
- 08:24 Tipping point: Is fly-tipping getting out of control in Shropshire?
- 08:25 Angela Merkel facing election threat in head-to-head with former EU...
- 08:24 Prostate cancer: Ex-boxer Richie Woodhall urges Shropshire men to...
- 08:24 Van crash driver from Shrewsbury more than twice the drink-drive limit
- 08:24 Time to Bring on the Bride - could you star in new TV show?
- 08:24 Shropshire Council leader defends councillors' £11,500 alllowances
- 08:24 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:24 Red light cameras for Telford's problem Trench Lock interchange
- 08:24 Obese men last 1 minute and 30 seconds longer in bed – here’s why
- 08:24 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:24 Shropshire's most deadly roads: Map highlights county's crash hotspots
- 08:23 EastEnders viewers OUTRAGED as they spot major Queen Vic collapse...
- 08:23 Jo Cox’s heartbroken husband admits anguish of MP’s death ‘still...
- 08:23 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:23 Radical plans for healthcare overhaul to plug £400m black hole
- 08:23 Fallout over conference's 'all-male panel'
- 08:23 Models Own makes Leeds its flagship
- 08:22 Transfer News: Chelsea swap, battle for Arsenal ace, Man United...
- 08:22 Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker criticises treatment...