UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 08:30 Parish councillor resigns to campaign for NHS
- 08:26 Stormzy-backed petition on Grenfell Tower set to be debated...
- 08:26 MPs back ‘Max’s Bill’ for organ donation opt-out system
- 08:26 MOT check - How to check when your car needs service and avoid...
- 08:24 Electrician who left taxi driver with fractures to his face in...
- 08:24 Why a man and his van are taking on North Tyneside Council over new...
- 08:24 Winter Olympics 2018: Watch what it's like to fly down a bobsleigh...
- 08:24 Bargains galore: These secret TK Maxx insider tips will help you...
- 08:24 Creative arts day for Wooler students
- 08:21 Selfless Barrow schoolgirl donates more than 30 meals to foodbank...
- 08:20 Work on Carlisle's railway station roof nears completion
- 08:19 Brexit will take its toll on bulk whisky buys
- 08:19 Chef’s Table: Martin Hollis of The Old Course St Andrews
- 08:20 Officers target Sheffield estates in problem parking drive
- 08:19 Ballathie House Hotel (42/50)
- 08:19 Food blog: Kat Riach
- 08:19 Sideboard with a story to tell
- 08:19 It’s never too late to learn some new cycling skills
- 08:19 From Halifax to the world - Shak became a wrestling star
- 08:18 Travel talk about long distance trek in the Alps
- 08:18 Pokemon Go Community Day SECRET revealed as fans prepare for...
- 08:17 Volunteers unravel a big issue for beaches
- 08:16 Shoppers in Leamington and Warwick encouraged to support ‘Fairtrade...
- 08:16 Head teacher appointed as national leader
- 08:16 Fence is just the ticket for museum
- 08:16 New additions to business forum group
- 08:16 P&G staff lend a hand at foodbank
- 08:16 Milestone reached at Percy Hedley
- 08:14 Roger Federer speaks out as he prepares to battle Rafael Nadal at...
- 08:13 Ant and Dec are hoping for an invite to the ‘night do’ of the...