UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 08:14 New education trust chief aims for the top
- 08:14 Plans put forward for 825 homes and commercial development could...
- 08:13 Barack Obama ‘sent digital bombs to Russia as revenge for election...
- 08:13 Premier League squads: Every top flight team ranked by market value
- 08:13 Lions head coach Warren Gatland predicts New Zealand tactics for...
- 08:12 Arsenal focus on completing moves for Alexandre Lacazette and...
- 08:12 Wildfire training exercise is conducted
- 08:09 FARMING MATTERS: All hands on deck for sheep shearing
- 08:09 $esc.html($content.name)
- 08:09 Recognition for Park volunteers
- 08:09 Fun for festival-goers at the Allanton Inn
- 08:09 Landowners consulted on coastal path
- 08:08 Brexit business is booming, say four captains of industry
- 08:07 From the Metro Arena to Manchester - father-of-five's tribute to...
- 08:07 Wrongly jailed Nick Dunn's fight for freedom drags on as Chennai...
- 08:06 Bears’ success rewarded with GB call-ups
- 08:06 "Does this sound like a girl suffering from depression?" Sister's...
- 08:05 WATCH Endangered Bornean orang-utan is born at Twycross Zoo - and...
- 08:04 Young Rugby dancers win awards in prestigious festival
- 08:04 County councillor steps down from cabinet following ‘breach of...
- 08:01 Colombia conflict: ELN rebels free Dutch journalists
- 07:59 Lights, camera, action! Behind the scenes of a new cinema advert...
- 07:55 Spa pool at Huddersfield Leisure Centre may never reopen
- 07:54 Join Skegness school for 40th anniversary June Day Jaunt celebration
- 07:53 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Lacazette latest, Mbappe hope,...
- 07:53 Travellers pitch up on Myton Fields again
- 07:50 Henry Onyekuru gets UK visa after Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee...
- 07:49 Former Coventry City defender Blair Adams joins Hartlepool United
- 07:49 Video 5 of 5: Heatwave a boost for Grantham Carnival
- 07:44 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network