UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
0 Have your say British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter... read more
- 11:10 People are now getting freckles tattooed on their faces
- 11:10 Jamie Foxx 'target of racial slur' in Croatian restaurant
- 11:10 Fergus Ewing repeats warning over ticking Brexit clock
- 11:09 Court round-up: The latest cases from the region's courts
- 11:10 Royal Navy recruit from South Shields sails through first training...
- 11:09 VIDEO: Polish supermarket Tradycja opens up in Hanley
- 11:09 VIDEO: Peek inside Yates in Newcastle after £390k refurbishment
- 11:09 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Bojan can go, Nzonzi is...
- 11:09 VIDEO: British Gas distribution hub hailed as its ‘jewel in the crown’
- 11:09 Musical ‘craze’ that didn’t die
- 11:08 Grandmother's desperate battle to stop Pit Bull killing her beloved...
- 11:07 Two men suffered head injuries following incident outside...
- 11:07 Fewest Londoners moving house since 1991, reports CML
- 11:07 Majority pay up as litter campaign still a priority
- 11:07 Hunters who accidentally shot one another blamed illegal immigrants
- 11:07 Scientists find the one key sign that you might be a really...
- 11:07 Mum who vomits up to 15 times an hour says rare illness has ruined...
- 11:06 Great entertainers: Which clubs have won the most Premier League...
- 11:06 Police release CCTV images after man attacked boy, 14, at bus stop
- 11:06 The best Easter egg in Britain is apparently a £15 one from Tesco
- 11:05 Chelsea will learn if they’ve landed Sead Kolasinac ‘soon’ says agent
- 11:04 Kodi: What's legal and what isn't
- 11:04 Hate crime victims urged to contact South Yorkshire Police
- 11:02 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs at major Derby jobs fair at The Spot...
- 11:02 Covestro parent Bayer non-committal on any sale to industry peer
- 11:02 How to make a pothole claim: RAC advice for Burton and South...
- 11:01 Fuelled by Olympic momentum, young Hungarian group aims for parliament
- 11:01 Stroll With Stu: New species of giant moorland bird found in valley...
- 11:01 Sevilla star Adil Rami opens up on his tough upbringing and how he...
- 11:01 You could live in a cottage just four miles from Nottingham city...