UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
0 Have your say British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter... read more
- 07:36 Chesterfield Royal Hospital's new cancer centre to open this summer
- 07:36 Search for missing helicopter with 5 on board resumes after...
- 07:36 Vote in county elections
- 07:35 Police issue warning over thieves targeting vans
- 07:34 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:34 Takeaway shop on fire
- 07:34 £156m Man Utd striker swoops, major Chelsea dispute, Arsenal...
- 07:33 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:33 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 07:32 Toshiba's nuclear woes a hot ticket for bankruptcy financiers
- 07:32 TV, stage and film stars revealed for 2017 Festival No.6 lineup
- 07:32 West Brom news digest: Roy's boys; Foster's goodwill; Jose's...
- 07:32 Aston Villa news digest: Bruce's best player (it's a Blues man);...
- 07:32 Insurer Lloyd's of London confirms new Brussels base
- 07:32 Birmingham City news digest: Fabbrini on leaving; value of St...
- 07:32 Nikkei falls on pause in weak yen trend; chip-equipment makers firm
- 07:31 North Korea ‘could kill 90 per cent of Americans’ US intelligence...
- 07:31 BREAKING: Bomb squad seal off Malmo street over grenade fears
- 07:27 H&M Q1 profit tops forecast, to launch new brand in H2
- 07:27 Man shares multiple engagement photos to prove we don’t pay...
- 07:27 North Carolina 'bathroom' law: Deal reached on repeal
- 07:26 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:26 Cardiff uni study looks at coffee cup fee to cut single use
- 07:25 Live rush hour traffic, travel and news updates for Hull and East...
- 07:25 Tragedy of Dee Eskrett the nursery nurse who fell into drugs and...
- 07:25 Cars damaged in wrecking spree
- 07:24 Live: Drugs raids across Merseyside
- 07:23 PAULA SHERRIFF MP COLUMN: ‘Cuts to education are an appalling...
- 07:22 EU pulls plug on LSE’s merger with Deutsche Borse
- 07:22 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements