UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 06:15 Bret Stephens: Revealed: What Trump said to Putin in that phonecall
- 06:15 Stephen Jardine: Food industry is silent on benefits of Brexit
- 06:15 Campaigners hit Holyrood for total ban on fox hunting in Scotland
- 06:15 Prize performance by pupils at a Woodhall Spa school
- 06:15 Scots leave £3.8m in their wills to heart disease researchers
- 06:15 Leader comment: Scottish village challenges age of entitlement
- 06:12 Saturday’s best TV: Picasso's Last Stand; Below the Surface
- 06:11 Liverpool-bound star Naby Keita hit with huge fine after submitting...
- 06:09 Loan move will aid development of PNE striker Connor Simpson
- 06:08 Cost of home in Yorkshire is now seven times the average wage
- 06:08 Young families need houses, says Harrogate MP
- 06:08 The Yorkshire Post says: Public can help police deal with shocking...
- 06:08 The Yorkshire Post says: Welcome Brexit progress likely to be calm...
- 06:08 The Yorkshire Post says: David Attenborough’s Jurassic praise for...
- 06:08 Preston’s high street is fighting back
- 06:07 Billy Joe Saunders: I want Gennady Golovkin or Canelo Alvarez -...
- 06:03 Australian Grand Prix, F1 qualifying LIVE: Lewis Hamilton aims to...
- 06:02 Interview: Sanjeev Kohli
- 06:02 Jane Bradley: Cheese faces 9pm advert watershed
- 06:02 Leader comment: Can Irvine Welsh help change US attitudes to guns?
- 06:02 Irvine Welsh warns of ‘crass exploitation’ of Leith by developers
- 06:02 Irvine Welsh set to tackle American gun violence in next novel
- 06:02 Liverpool fans DEMAND Virgil van Dijk partner after assured England...
- 06:02 Thousands of homes in Northamptonshire yet to sign up to free flood...
- 06:00 Brutal Assad rains deadly bombs on rebels as kids stuck in regime...
- 06:00 Hero cop who swapped place with woman hostage during French terror...
- 05:51 5 best dinosaur video games of all-time and 2018 – Reader’s Feature
- 05:46 Tottenham 'consider signing Arsenal target' as they prepare for...
- 05:44 Labour MPs attack sacking of Owen Smith over Brexit
- 05:41 Sunday service and more evening trains announced as part of major...