UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 15:04 Car bursts into flames on major Sheffield road
- 15:03 Mountain team comes to the rescue of injured fell runner
- 15:03 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 15:00 Mika Häkkinen: ‘Monaco is very demanding. If you panic, you are in...
- 14:57 Indiana teacher threw basketball to avert school shooter
- 14:57 Girl, 12, among three killed as Cyclone Mekunu hits Oman
- 14:57 Man suffers multiple stab wounds in Birmingham pub attack
- 14:57 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:56 Blinder of an event at Brocklesby for hospice funds
- 14:55 There’s a massive art installation dedicated to sweets in Dallas
- 14:54 Football league runs at Brid CYP this summer
- 14:54 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:53 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:53 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:46 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:45 Councillors backing Market Place projects
- 14:43 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:41 Billy Bragg on Barking: ‘I would hurry past every alleyway for fear...
- 14:41 World Cup 2018: The 12 Tottenham stars you can expect to see in...
- 14:38 New Sunderland AFC owners 'absolutely intent' on return of Stadium...
- 14:34 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:32 Met Office issues thunderstorm flood warning for Bank Holiday Monday
- 14:32 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:30 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:30 Scots writers protest against Richard Branson’s Edinburgh hotel plans
- 14:28 Murder inquiry launched after boy, 17, dies in Northampton
- 14:28 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:27 Liverpool Champions League team news: Star to miss game, Klopp...
- 14:25 People aren’t impressed with this restaurant’s take on a full...
- 14:25 BREAKING NEWS: Murder inquiry launched after death of teenager in...