UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 21:19 Two arrests as crossbow and knives seized by West Yorkshire Police
- 21:17 Austria election: Kurz could cause EU CHAOS by joining...
- 21:16 Chelsea News: Antonio Conte admits he DID try to sign Radja...
- 21:16 Man Utd news: Nemanja Matic reveals how Benfica helped shape his...
- 21:15 Two arrests as crossbow and knives seized by West Yorkshire Police
- 21:14 Police concern for missing 12-year-old boy
- 21:13 Two arrests as crossbow and knives seized by West Yorkshire Police
- 21:12 Two arrests as crossbow and knives seized by West Yorkshire Police
- 21:12 Police concern for missing 12-year-old boy
- 21:10 South Africa murders: Man admits charges after Roger and Christine...
- 21:10 As Crimewatch is axed by the BBC after 33 years, here's footage of...
- 21:08 Boxing, MMA and bare-knuckle ballroom dancing at the Roundhouse!
- 21:06 Trump's NAFTA demands REJECTED: Talks stall as Mexico and Canada...
- 21:06 Financial analyst 'Dr Doom' claims US is great because it's run by...
- 21:06 Two arrests as West Yorkshire Police seize weapons from stolen car
- 21:05 A judge just blocked Trump’s latest travel ban
- 21:05 Police search for missing 12-year-old Derbyshire boy
- 21:03 Football: Battle to win the Bob Brodie Trophy could be the closest...
- 21:02 Mysterious illness caused boy, 7, to sleep for TWO WEEKS
- 21:02 New lines drawn in parliamentary voting shake-up for South Yorkshire
- 21:02 Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers wary of the Jupp Heynckes effect ahead...
- 21:02 Is this the worst council house in the UK? Mum-of-two shocked by...
- 21:00 Archaeologist spots hundreds of mysterious, ancient stone...
- 21:00 $17m glass mansion reduced to rubble by California wildfire
- 20:58 Morning mail: Reese Witherspoon alleges sexual assault
- 20:57 Cristiano Ronaldo goal: Watch Real Madrid star score against...
- 20:56 More hare coursing arrests in Lincolnshire
- 20:56 Quadring pupils win big as new play area is installed
- 20:54 Police updates after two men shot in car
- 20:52 Woman pays tribute to 'amazing' Royal Derby Hospital A&E department