UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 05:22 Seats on seven London Underground lines are never shampooed
- 05:19 Crash Bandicoot PS4 exclusive: Is N Sane Trilogy coming to Xbox One?
- 05:19 Chinese commerce minister abruptly postpones Philippines trip -...
- 05:15 AC Milan target Chelsea star in bid to make marquee signing this...
- 05:13 Man charged with possession of more than 70,000 indecent images of...
- 05:13 Danny Cowley insists rotating Lincoln City squad for FA Trophy is...
- 05:12 Storm Doris winds reach 87mph as it hits UK
- 05:11 Striker discusses Leeds United transfer: They know what I can do
- 05:11 Why you eat the same lunch every day at work for months on end
- 05:07 New homes across Derbyshire are being built on land at risk of...
- 05:04 South Yorkshire dementia charity is all fired up and ready to go
- 05:04 Northern Powerhouse Minister to speak at major conference on how...
- 05:02 Confident Colby Bishop believes he can have a bright future at...
- 05:01 Man United legend Roy Keane blasts Jose Mourinho over recent change
- 05:00 Pauline Neville-Jones: Brexit must leave the country united
- 05:00 Melody Redman: Don’t drive away EU medics who keep our NHS afloat
- 04:58 Arsene Wenger to Real Madrid: Arsenal boss was made aware of interest
- 04:58 SE Asia Stocks-Largely flat; Fed wary on U.S. policy uncertainty
- 04:55 School days 'could be shortened' to save money at seven schools
- 04:53 Cuba says it foiled plot to destabilise country, slams dissidents...
- 04:51 Jonathan Rea confident of winning start in Australia season opener
- 04:51 Man United legend Roy Keane warns Wayne Rooney over China switch
- 04:50 Last chance to sign up for the Great British Spring Clean
- 04:46 Overwatch Reddit told Blizzard revealed concepts do not include new...
- 04:40 Roy Keane: My thoughts on this big Manchester United transfer decision
- 04:32 Man United's Zlatan Ibrahimovic sick of drama between Conor...
- 04:31 Premier League star on Arsenal transfer: This is my view now
- 04:25 Riseholme College receives 'good' Ofsted rating
- 04:24 Hong Kong police hold rally to support officers jailed for assault
- 04:24 Kim Jong-nam killing: North Korea condemns Malaysia