UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 05:39 'Bursting point' NHS has missed bed targets for five years - Labour
- 05:39 Booze touts, bonking and 'professional beggars': Is it time to...
- 05:39 Monster who raped two girls was previously jailed over £115,000...
- 05:38 Minister unveils name of North Yorkshire Sirius Minerals mine
- 05:37 Arsenal setback: Potential Arsene Wenger replacement could become...
- 05:31 IS threat to UK as great as the IRA's in the 70s - terror...
- 05:31 Top bosses! Which managers have won the EFL Cup since 1992?
- 05:31 Watch in awe as man detonates cage full of fireworks in his garden
- 05:21 New bistro open for business in Lincolnshire town
- 05:17 Eric Cantona discusses Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Why he's so important...
- 05:02 Stoke boss Mark Hughes has his say on Dele Alli's horror tackle
- 05:02 David Haye wants to end Tony Bellew's career in front of his family
- 04:55 Ernie is laid to rest at the winning post
- 04:52 Jeremy Corbyn 'determined to finish job'
- 04:48 Homes approved for garden
- 04:43 Pokemon Go APK reveals more news on shiny Gen 2 Pocket Monsters
- 03:49 Cesar Azpilicueta wants more trophies to earn label of Chelsea legend
- 03:49 Fernerbahce ready to listen to offers of £13million for Chelsea...
- 03:44 Ministers criticised over named person consultation
- 03:44 £165m Manchester tramline set to open
- 03:40 Mass Effect Andromeda release date minimum specs revealed as...
- 03:38 Care home woman to get £45,000 payout for 'deprivation of liberty'
- 03:38 Director boycotting Oscars will address London premiere of his...
- 03:20 Nintendo Switch games list receives huge Zelda Breath of the Wild...
- 03:18 Wary of Trump unpredictability, China ramps up naval abilities
- 03:04 UK terror threat 'at highest since 1970s IRA plots'
- 02:45 Vehicle hits crowd at New Orleans parade
- 02:29 Kim Jong-nam killing: Malaysia airport terminal declared safe
- 02:14 Kate Beckinsale is effortlessly stunning in figure-hugging black...
- 02:11 Oscars 2017: Who's predicted to win, and other things to look out for