UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 01:42 The Scots who fought in the battle for Jerusalem
- 01:41 Star Wars: The blockbuster made in Borehamwood
- 01:35 The death (possibly) of monogamy and other relationships
- 01:35 He could have been a contender
- 01:35 Alternatives to the nightmare of a society ravaged by inequality
- 01:35 Defoe brace secures a point for Cherries against Palace
- 01:35 Son shines bright for Spurs in dominant win over Stoke
- 01:35 David’s West Ham slays Goliath as Conte concedes title
- 01:35 The financial aristocrats will eat themselves
- 01:35 The Middle East peace process lies in ruins
- 01:35 ‘This is the 275th day of our hunger strike’
- 01:35 It seems that Brexit doesn’t mean Brexit
- 01:35 Boris leaves Iran without an agreement on jailed Brit
- 01:35 Survivors still let down 6 months on
- 01:35 See the light: Ban nuclear weapons
- 01:33 League Two verdict: Jack Lester is finally turning things around as...
- 01:33 League One verdict: Wimbledon's Darius Charles stumps up £150 to...
- 01:28 I’m A Celebrity 2017: Iain Lee brands Ant and Dec 'b******s' during...
- 01:28 Business leaders urge ministers to 'steady Scotland's economic ship'
- 01:24 Galloway national park fight stepped up
- 01:24 'We are coming for you' message on abuse
- 01:23 Rangers' pop at Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes' ambition lacked class
- 01:18 Dana White reveals how he really feels about GSP vacating the MW title
- 01:12 Amir Khan gets confrontational with Iain Lee during I’m A Celeb...
- 01:10 I'm A Celebrity 2017: Iain Lee reveals he was nearly killed twice...
- 00:56 Furious Jose Mourinho has MILK thrown at him after storming into...
- 00:55 Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic may NEVER be the same again -...
- 00:55 Brexit: Theresa May claims new sense of optimism in talks
- 00:54 New Chief Constable starts work
- 00:54 Your Monday morning report for West Yorkshire