UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 19:13 When will the Edge Lane roadworks finish? Delays extended even further
- 19:13 Why schools might be in trouble if they ban fidget spinners
- 19:12 Police taser 'agitated' man who was becoming danger to public
- 19:11 Sony sees surge in chip demand pushing profit nearing 20-year record
- 19:10 Sleek Hyundai SUV comes fully loaded
- 19:10 VW Touareg's got the power to impress
- 19:10 This is Steve Bruce's minimum requirement for Aston Villa next season
- 19:10 Lee Brooks murder trial: Suspect made crowbar threats during police...
- 19:09 Murderer was central figure in Carlisle pub brawl
- 19:09 Make sure you don’t fall victim to these fake CPS emails
- 19:09 Chart toppers have a hoot on night out in Nottingham
- 19:09 School cook of 35 years retires from Notts school on her 65th birthday
- 19:08 Tony Bellew and Deontay Wilder clash in heated exchange at Anthony...
- 19:06 Can Bulgaria beat Italy to win the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest...
- 19:05 Michael Carrick's Manchester United future is key for Jose Mourinho
- 19:05 Whitley Bay boyfriend jailed for more than seven years for killing...
- 19:02 Sweden Eurovision 2017: Robin Bengtsson – I Can’t Go On
- 19:01 Courts: Jail term for man who kicked and spat on police officers
- 19:01 Drug dealer jailed after blasting rival's home with sawn-off shogun
- 19:00 Steve Bruce gives his REAL opinion on Aston Villa vs Birmingham City
- 19:00 Talented youngster becomes the latest to leave Aston Villa
- 18:59 Cardiff vs Newcastle LIVE: Rafa Benitez's side must win to prevent...
- 18:59 Brits face fines of up to 3,000 euros for having sex in street and...
- 18:59 Ryanair passengers 'left in tears' after plane home 'takes off...
- 18:59 Quiet beaches and not a Westerner in sight: Fascinating photo...
- 18:59 Terrifying moment flames burst from a Delta plane as passenger...
- 18:59 The Great bank holiday getaway begins - traffic grinds to a halt as...
- 18:59 From Tolkien's favourite boozer to the inn where Guy Fawkes...
- 18:59 EU dismisses Russian 'bullying' allegation
- 18:57 Thomas Cook closures: Travel agent shuts down MORE branches...