UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 09:44 Disabled horse riding charity near Warwick to become new headquarters
- 09:44 VW waives appeal against German dieselgate compensation cases
- 09:43 When does Ramadan end and what is it? Everything you need to know...
- 09:42 Magical mystery tour challenge for pals
- 09:42 Devastated Leicester man explains how best friend died on mountain...
- 09:41 Rejoice, for you can now buy a £140 Prada paperclip with which to...
- 09:41 Why taking a summer time swim in a reservoir could cost you everything
- 09:40 Cheryl takes up private boxing lessons to keep fit following the...
- 09:40 Child rapist jailed for eight years
- 09:39 Skipper convinced of Finals Day presence
- 09:39 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:38 Update | Victim of attempted murder alive but still in a critical...
- 09:38 Folk hero who played her last ever gig in Northamptonshire is...
- 09:38 Barrow bakers knead one last push to hit fundraising goal
- 09:38 Video: Amazing footage of Knypersely Reservoir
- 09:38 Oil edges up, but still set for worst first half performance in 20...
- 09:37 Man Utd 2017/18 home kit images leaked online
- 09:36 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:35 Planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week...
- 09:35 Birmingham City and John Terry: The story so far
- 09:35 Stand up if you love West Brom: Albion 'very keen' for safe standing
- 09:34 Dani Alves issues huge Manchester City hint after breaking silence...
- 09:34 The Transport Talk column with Don Mackenzie
- 09:34 Flats evacuated due to blaze
- 09:34 Pair guilty of taking Ellen’s belongings
- 09:34 Burglars caught on CCTV ransacking play centre
- 09:33 Steps release EMOTIONAL new music video for latest single - written...
- 09:33 Winner of Friends of Abbey Fields’ photo competition for calendar...
- 09:33 Maryport community film is in line for national honour
- 09:32 Summer really DOES cause hot tempers: Heatwaves make people moody...